Has anyone tried changing the internal memory card?

DAP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Two Viofo 129 PRO cameras and a Tesla Model 3 4 Channel
Has anyone tried changing the internal memory card? Would a 64GB card work there?

Very likely to work, but why not just put it in the external slot?

I couldn't work out how the metal clip on the internal card works - is it supposed to be crimped closed rather than just pressed?

I havn't opened my camera up yet, so I can't answer your 2nd question.
There was some mention in the instructions about being able to copy the data between the cards, so if you got in an accident, you could make a copy for the cops and not have to give up your copy.
That would be rather difficult if the external card had 64GB of data and the internal card was only 8GB.
I think a better idea would be to keep a cheap small card on hand so you could make a copy for the cops of the relevent data.

I remember someone posting last year about looking into swapping the internal card on the mini 0801. (might even have been me via seller response) I just remember that there was some technical reason why you couldn't go above 8GB on the internal version, but the details are foggy. This could have changed on the newer 0803 though so curious to know.

Some of the firmware versions had restricted the internal memory size, I still have a few 0801 samples here with 32gb internal, I wouldn't consider using 64gb internally anyway as the camera can't format it natively

Back