Have I bricked my new E-Prance B48 (G90?) ?

Gary Webb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. New here. Apologies that this is probably not quite the right area to post, but I could not find anything of closer relevance.

I decided to replace my old Roadhawk DC-1 non-HD after many years of flawless service for something with a better resolution. So I opted for the E-Prance B48 with GPS from Amazon. From what I can see, this is basically a G90 (is it?). My first issue was that it only displayed in KPH, and being in the UK I wanted MPH. So after a bit of googling, I thought I had located a suitable firmware that would change this to MPH. However, after loading this up, I seem to have busted my nice new unit. Now I get a blank screen or a white screen depending on which USB socket I plug into. At power up, I do see a mercedes car splash screen which I guess is a default. I have tried different firmwares, but now nothing will install onto it as I no longer get the option to update the firmware when I pop a file in the root of the SD card.

Is it my worst fears, or can I recover from this?

Thanks

I opted for the E-Prance B48 with GPS from Amazon. From what I can see, this is basically a G90 (is it?).
I'm not sure if it is or not, but if it is you need to be careful . There are two different versions of the G90 an A7LA70 like in this camera and an A7LA50 I believe is the other one, and the firmwares are not compatible if I remember correctly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kimvette GSXXXX 26
N GSXXXX 12
robingo88 GSXXXX 10
Back