have to format SD disk every time on my PC after using DR500

pidge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Almost every time after using Blackvue software on my PC for a short time I am asked to format the SD disk, windows says unable to format and that is using various SD disks (Kingston, Sandisk Ultra, Samsung, etc) therefore I only get to view data for a short period before I get the message to format the disk.

Re: have to format SD disk every time on my PC after using D

just be patient, someone must know what is causing the problem, thanks

faulty card? faulty reader?? incompatible reader?
run that h2testw program on it over night.

It seems to me that the card reader is your problem. Try to change it.

Rumburak said:
It seems to me that the card reader is your problem. Try to change it.
Thanks, can you suggest which reader to use, and what about the reader that came with the camera?

wozzzzza said:
faulty card? faulty reader?? incompatible reader?
run that h2testw program on it over night.
I hadn't realized there are different readers, I have tried various cards, can you recommend a reader that is compatible please?

what card are you using? is it the one that came with the cam? or are you using other MicroSDXC card? People here have been using 64gb cards and to reformat to those 64gb cards you need a MicroSDXC reader. Other readers wont work to re-format those cards.

jsan said:
what card are you using? is it the one that came with the cam? or are you using other MicroSDXC card? People here have been using 64gb cards and to reformat to those 64gb cards you need a MicroSDXC reader. Other readers wont work to re-format those cards.
I am using the SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 32GB, class 10, UHS-I, 30MB/sec. + SD adapter, Mobile, no I am not using the card that came with the cam, maybe I should 64gb card. thanks

pidge said:
jsan said:
I am using the SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 32GB, class 10, UHS-I, 30MB/sec. + SD adapter, Mobile, no I am not using the card that came with the cam, maybe I should 64gb card. thanks

I use exactly the same card and have NEVER had any problems I have however had crook adapters I now use the Sandisk like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-SanD ... 416edc92de

and dont have probs

Same as the one with the cord on it

Back