Hello from Minnesota

aeon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello to All...

I figured I had to join after reading so much information in this forum and also because I just purchased my first-ever dashcam.

I was recently in an auto accident where I think a dashcam would have been of tremendous benefit. Thing is, I was just about to buy one but I hadn’t yet pulled the trigger.

Anyway, on the way to me is a Powerucc PanoramaII. I hope I never have need for it in the evidential sense!

Cheers!

but at least even with a Mini-soda you never get to MISS A SIPPI...........just a thought to say I;LL ANNOY ya o_O after that i will give up while i am ahead Welcome to the crazy world of dashcam talk aeon ....Actually they are great bunch and impart a lot of knowledge and are very supportive. Regards Ipol:D

gee now we have a bookmark function I can save this thread, all the A material in here will come handy for the next fathers day so I can add to my collection of Dad jokes ;)

I love wordplay, so you guys are rockin’ the block. :D

I moved here from Chicago – no regrets – and to be sure, in Chi-town a dashcam is absolutely called for! :eek:

I’m car shopping because my previous chariot was totalled. :( Hopefully I have a new one before my dashcam arrives! :p

Cheers!

Welcome.
It's good to see more users from USA. Unfortunately like yourself I ended up getting a DashCam after i was involved in an accident, but better late then never. Glad you were able to find good information here to end up with a great camera.

Sucks your car was totaled what kind was it? Looking at anything neat to replace it with?

I love wordplay, so you guys are rockin’ the block. :D

I moved here from Chicago – no regrets – and to be sure, in Chi-town a dashcam is absolutely called for! :eek:

I’m car shopping because my previous chariot was totalled. :( Hopefully I have a new one before my dashcam arrives! :p

Cheers!

I'm originally from the Chicagoland area myself. (Up north near Grayslake/Gurnee)

I refuse to drive without one now that I'm hooked as well.

there's certainly a comfort factor to knowing you have the camera to capture anything that happens
+1 I even keep my suction cup mount ready. I don't get into any car without a camera running anymore. You just never know what might happen. My friends and family think it is a hassle sometimes, or say why bother we are only going a few blocks, but it only takes a moment or two to stick it up and plug it in.

+1 I even keep my suction cup mount ready. I don't get into any car without a camera running anymore. You just never know what might happen. My friends and family think it is a hassle sometimes, or say why bother we are only going a few blocks, but it only takes a moment or two to stick it up and plug it in.

That's when having a DashCam built in to the RearView mirror comes in most handy. (stealthy enough to keep up and running 24/7) Lucky for me I have a private garage.

Last edited:
A gunmetal grey 2003 Toyota Corolla LE.

To replace with...I don’t know yet. It will be a couple of days until I have the $ from my insurance company (they were quite fair, I must say).

I’m trying to resolve between getting something fairly boring with great gas mileage and something a bit-less-than-boring with just middling-to-good gas mileage.

Cheers!

I’m trying to resolve between getting something fairly boring with great gas mileage and something a bit-less-than-boring with just middling-to-good gas mileage.

I'm going to beat JazJon to this and say get something a little less boring with great gas millage. A smart car!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to beat JazJon to this and say get something a little less boring with great gas millage. A smart car!

I love my little convertible Smart. (went all out with the Brabus edition)

I wouldn't want one in states that get Snow though.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry JazJon cant resist this one in an earlier post I said your car was a rabbit hutch on wheels.....Brabus is so close to Brabis which is a female sheep in french so I guess your rabbit hutch converts into a sheep pen on wheels......I think you know me well enough by now to know its just light hearted leg pulling.......regards to sunny california ......Ipol

Well, I have my Powerucc PanoramaII, GPS, 32GB SD, and suction cup (for those times when it will be moved to another car temporarily).

And now, I also have a car... I chose a low-miles, excellent condition, fully-option-loaded 2002 Lexus IS300 in Solar Yellow. :D

JTHBD192920034463_1.jpg
JTHBD192920034463_9.jpg

Good times she is, I’m fully smitten. ;)

But wouldn’t you know that one minor niggle with the car is the usual 12V port is currently non-functional? :mad:

I’ll have that sorted soon enough, but talk about having the wind taken out of one’s sails! :(

Cheers!

Back