Help: DR650s 2CH w PMP drain car battery

Estpl6

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

My maiden post and still learning about BV and Pmp. Pls be nice. :)

My dashcam parking mode is switched on and because I don't know what settings it should be on, it records everything- from the wind blows to someone walking past. What's the recommended settings anyway?

Anyway, my main problem is: I left my car undriven for more than 3-5 days as I've had a back op recently. Now to my horror, the car battery is drained flat. I have a PMP hard wired by a car mechanic to prevent this from happening. I thought the PMP is supposed to prevent the car's battery from being flat. So why did this happen? Is it because the mechanic didn't configure the right settings on the PMP?

Car model: Honda Civic hatchback. 3 years old only.

What should I do now? Pls help.

Thanks and happy new year in advance!

Take the card out and open the Application on your PC and set the parking mode settings at about 25% for a bump and as low as possible for motion detection.

Yes they do record leaves blowing and people walking poast 50 m away if not set correctly.

PMP V setting 12 is safe any less is treading on dangerous ground especially if hte battery is gettin older.

Cant really blame the mechanic Its you who has to configure what the camera does and a sensible person checks what a tradie does.

Perhaps an auto electrictian would have done a better job

Take the card out and open the Application on your PC and set the parking mode settings at about 25% for a bump and as low as possible for motion detection.

Yes they do record leaves blowing and people walking poast 50 m away if not set correctly.

PMP V setting 12 is safe any less is treading on dangerous ground especially if hte battery is gettin older.

Cant really blame the mechanic Its you who has to configure what the camera does and a sensible person checks what a tradie does.

Perhaps an auto electrictian would have done a better job

Hi Hillbilly, appreciate your reply. What settings do you have yours on? How do you set the PMP V setting to 12? What other settings do I need?

From my understanding, my car was just serviced less than a month ago. So there shouldn't be any issues with the battery. Anyway, is it worthwhile changing to a new battery altogether, or jump start it, drive around a bit to charge it? Will I risk the battery being flat once I park the car?

Thanks so much!

Look here it shows you in pretty pictures Didnt you get instructions with it

https://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-pro/

I had a new battery in October and it has been flat twice since then as I dont use it enough .
I thought it was the PMP so I removed it but it looks like the new battery is cactus

If yours is flat get it charged properly and get the alternator checked as well.

The fact that is was serviced means buggar all in the scheme of things

Hi Hillbilly

Just spotted your post. In your link, the photos show the switches for 12V is 1 up and 2 down. On my (UK) PMP instruction booklet, 11.8V is 1 up and 2 down and 12V is both 1 and 2 up.

I wonder if different continents have different settings, or are the instruction booklets wrong?

I've been using all 5 switches up (6 hours and 12V on my instructions booklet). My battery failed 2 weeks ago, at 27 months - fortunately still under warranty).

Regards

John

1 & 2 both up is 12v as in the picture

Last edited:
The Japanese car's battery is not so good. The threshold voltage still can not ignite the car.

In the link I provided there is a contradiction . In the top picture it shows both up as 12v in the bottom one it has 1 up 2 down so how you are supposed to know I guess is by trial and error

I found that the motion sensitivity had to be turned off or the damn camera will stay on with every leaf movement, etc.... you will only get a few hours and the PMP will cut power.....

Gotta get the right setting on the PMP so it shuts off at 12V.... If you can't ... send it back...it's FUBAR

Back