HELP HELP VIOFO 139a jams my cell phone

Deeply apologize for the vague words. To make it more clear for you, there is no need to let the wifi on all the time. When you need to change the settings or playback the videos, you can turn on the wifi and connect it to your camera. And it is better to turn it off at other times to avoid interference or more heat.

No need for apologies. My geezer puzzlement at all this technology is at fault.

Everyone here has been very helpful, but can't even begin to find some of the "start buttons" (so to speak) for the remedies found here.

My new plan:

......taking this contraption to the highly qualified and very well thought of guy who installed it (Sorry, I am just annoyed that Viofo has accomplished all this high performance, but dropped the ball on user friendly-look at the myriad of suggested remedies).

......begging him to see if he can get the Viofo to not jam my cell phone when it is turned on (withiout me having to go to settings on my phone everytime I use my car or adjust away from what works just fine on my phone now).

.....If he can - great !

....If not - out it comes and goes back to Amazon..................................way too much stress (stress example - I am printing all the solutions mentioned here and bringing them with me when I go to the installer - who needs this?}

Again.......many thanks for your patience and effort to help me.

Last edited:
......begging him to see if he can get the Viofo to not jam my cell phone when it is turned on (withiout me having to go to settings on my phone everytime I use my car or adjust away from what works just fine on my phone now).
Your phone should not automatically connect via wifi to the dashcam - You only need to do it when you are downloading videos.

Do you have an iPhone? Just go to Settings / Wi-Fi / press the "(i)" icon next to the dashcam wifi connection / Uncheck Auto-Join

Your phone should not automatically connect via wifi to the dashcam - You only need to do it when you are downloading videos.

Do you have an iPhone? Just go to Settings / Wi-Fi / press the "(i)" icon next to the dashcam wifi connection / Uncheck Auto-Join

OK

Found the WIFI control on the Viofo app and discovered it was turned on. Turned it off................PROBLEM SOLVED. Phone bluetoothing to the car radio successfully and the Viofo functioning quietly in the background ---all good.

1000 apologies for my desperate pleas for help........that were arguably unfounded. Genuinely embarrassing.

Now, the next step for me is to learn how to get the pictures off the Viofo and onto my phone - ha ha. That can't be that hard - right? Must be a Ytube for that.

I do have a simple question that would help me understand overall dashcam operation.

My dashcam has the medium sized chip recommended in the great VIOFO review video. Now, do I remove the chip and see the recorded info on a chip reader or do I somehow stream the recorded info from the dashcam to my phone,,,,,,,,,,and then make a file to store the info?

Once again, many thanks for your patience and wonderful info sharing......................and............many apologies for my impatience.

Jeff
St Pete, FL

Is the WiFi on the camera always on? If so, turn it off (which is the recommended setting while driving). That may just fix your issue. Let us know.

OK

Found the WIFI control on the Viofo app and discovered it was turned on. Turned it off................PROBLEM SOLVED. Phone bluetoothing to the car radio successfully and the Viofo functioning quietly in the background ---all good !

1000 apologies for my desperate pleas for help........that were arguably unfounded. Genuinely embarrassing.

I am responding to each person individually to show my appreciation for getting back to me so quickly and trying to figure out my problem.

Using a 70mai system i just noticed that when connected to that camera ( using both BT and WIIFI as they need that ) well i can not go online and browse the internet using my mobile data for some reason.
I have to admit i find that peculiar, CUZ the camera are not using mobile data.

Like old eastsider say, we should not be connected to the camera while driving, i also just do so to generate MAX heat, just like i will have the LCD on always during testing, that is if i can some brands do not allow for the LCD to be on always.

I have not noticed this before but it is probably the same with any brand, i just got bored while in the carwash, and wanted to read the news, but was not able to when connected to the camera.

OK

Found the WIFI control on the Viofo app and discovered it was turned on. Turned it off................PROBLEM SOLVED. Phone bluetoothing to the car radio successfully and the Viofo functioning quietly in the background ---all good !

I am responding to each person individually to show my appreciation for getting back to me so quickly and trying to figure out my problem.

Nice. good to hear you are running as cool as you want to run.

Me i dont even like to talk hands free in the car, so fortunately i only get a call while driving every 6 months or so.

My dashcam has the medium sized chip recommended in the great VIOFO review video. Now, do I remove the chip and see the recorded info on a chip reader or do I somehow stream the recorded info from the dashcam to my phone,,,,,,,,,,and then make a file to store the info?
Glad you fixed your Wi-Fi problem. I think the easiest way for you to get your dashcam videos would be to remove the memory card and then connect a card reader to your laptop/computer.

It's also possible to use the phone app, connected via Wi-Fi to the dashcam, and download (copy) the video files wireless. However, this method would require you to change the app and wi-fi settings, you still need to get the video files off your phone, etc. So I recommend the other method for you.

Glad you fixed your Wi-Fi problem. I think the easiest way for you to get your dashcam videos would be to remove the memory card and then connect a card reader to your laptop/computer.
@Rivertenderrivertender
One other reminder – just to play safe: make sure the unit has been powered off before removing the memory card or replacing it back in the camera after you've transferred files.

@Rivertenderrivertender
One other reminder – just to play safe: make sure the unit has been powered off before removing the memory card or replacing it back in the camera after you've transferred files.
Excellent advice! I've been guilty myself once or twice of removing the card while the unit was still on. Press the power button at the far left for 3 seconds, wait for all the LEDs to shut down, then you can remove the card.

the easiest way for you to get your dashcam videos would be to remove the memory card and then connect a card reader to your laptop/computer.
That is what i have always done.
I do however stil appreciate the wifi in dashcams, even if i am a leading wifi hater, CUZ my tired old eyes do better with my +6" phone screen than a 2# LCD on the camera.
But generally i just do setting changes ASO that way, i would never feel or have the need to say share footage at the site of a event, if police want anything they will get it when i care.

Last crash i filmed the driver did a runner ( on foot ) but not before posing in front of my side camera, 1 hour later when police saw my footage at the police station they was like " O thats Abdul, we know him very well "
Only worrying part as the police, well they just plugged my USB stick directly in their PC on the station,,,,,, that is NOT the kind of data due diligence i expect from a public entity.

This route, also copy files from the card to the computer, do not move files, missing files on memory card can trip up a camera,,,,,,, which to me is kind of strange but that have happened for some over the past decade.

I am pretty limited when it comes to understanding the, for me, exotic science around these dash cam devices.

I am eager to try your fix.

Can you explain it differently and a little more plainly?

Appreciate any help you can give.
Sorry for the late response, I missed your reply.

If you're using Android, these may work:

1. Connections -> Wifi -> Advanced -> Switch to mobile data -> Network Exceptions

and/or

2. Settings -> System -> Developer
“Mobile Data Always Active”
(requires activating developer mode first)

Last edited:
Back