Help! Some (probably stupid) Questions!

Numone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently purchase a 0805 though Amazon UK, and firstly, I was pleasantly surprised with the physical quality of the unit; its really well made! I haven't installed the cam in the car as yet, as I'm waiting for the power converter, long USB cable etc. to arrive to complete this. I have been messing about with the cam with some test recordings, and the quality does seem to be amazing from something so small.

Secondly, having looked thoroughly through the User Manual, the are a number of functions that are not covered well, or at all (!) so I have some questions that hopefully someone can answer?

Can you tell me what the loop setting does and the best period to set this to?
What is the "Velocity" setting for?
What is the motion detection setting used for and how is this set-up?
What does the "G" sensor do - I presume something is activated in the event of a crash?
Does the LDWS work, or is this just a bit of a gimmick?

So finally, a note of thanks in advance and look forward to any replies.

Cheers... Rob

1 Can you tell me what the loop setting does and the best period to set this to?
2 What is the "Velocity" setting for?
3 What is the motion detection setting used for and how is this set-up?
4 What does the "G" sensor do - I presume something is activated in the event of a crash?
5 Does the LDWS work, or is this just a bit of a gimmick?

1, allows it to recycle over the oldest files, personal choice on size
2, Speed setting
3, works poorly, give it a miss
4, will auto lock the recording in the event of an accident
5, bit of a gimmick, more annoying than useful

1 Can you tell me what the loop setting does and the best period to set this to?
2 What is the "Velocity" setting for?
3 What is the motion detection setting used for and how is this set-up?
4 What does the "G" sensor do - I presume something is activated in the event of a crash?
5 Does the LDWS work, or is this just a bit of a gimmick?

1, allows it to recycle over the oldest files, personal choice on size
2, Speed setting
3, works poorly, give it a miss
4, will auto lock the recording in the event of an accident
5, bit of a gimmick, more annoying than useful

Thanks Jokiin for the quick response.

1. Understood, thanks
2. Ok, but its the speed setting of what?
3. Ok thanks
4. Again thanks - presume this could keep going off if set too low - do you have a recommendation?
5. Thanks and I thought that'd be the case.

2. The speed that you are traveling at.
4. G sensor when activated will protect the current file so it won't be overwritten. You will have to play and test a setting which suits you, too sensitive and it protect unncessary file, too low (high G number) and it won't protect any. I left mine on default (I think 2.5G) and it's only protected a file when I drove over a speed bump too quickly.

2, speed setting, usually for mph or kph display with gps models, velocity is what you get offered when you use translation software to work out menu names ;)
4, start at the default setting and see how you go

Thanks guys, that's all really helpful!

2, speed setting, usually for mph or kph display with gps models, velocity is what you get offered when you use translation software to work out menu names ;)
Of course "Velocity" is incorrect since if you drove round and round a roundabout you would have zero velocity but may still be exceeding the speed limit!

Which is why the mini 0806 uses "Speed" and gives you the correct speed around a roundabout ;)
(Unless it is a mini roundabout, then the GPS speed isn't very accurate!)

Thanks everyone.

Quick update; After numerous testing outside the car, I really was not impressed with the quality of the images the 0805 as producing; it just seems to be "fuzzy" and indistinct compared to the vids and pics I'd seen on the web of the various Mini models. Take a look at the attached "First 0805" pic and you'll get what I mean..
So I decided to send the 0805 back and get a replacement. Annoyingly, Amazon were now not fulfilling the 0805 on behalf of E-Prance but having read various reviews, a few people stated there was little difference in the actual quality of image of the 0803 and the 0805, so given Amazon were fulfilling the 0803 on Prime I decided to get an 0803 with the added GPS mount; these were around £13 cheaper than the 0805; but what arrived the following day was an 0805! FW was the same as the first unit - 20150115 V1.0 but what a difference in the image quality - noise and fuzziness now gone, and the detail was incredible for something so small - see "Second 0805" as a comparison. So I've now Hardwired into the car and works well - starting up and shutting down when the ignition is switched-on and off respectively. Unfortunately I will have to change the 12v - 5v USB converter as it interferes with the radio, adding considerable hiss to the signal, so I'll change this to a 12v socket and USB adaptor. So now its time to leave it in the car to continue to work away in the background, and just hope I'll never have to use the footage it gathers in anger!

Attachments

• First 0805.JPG
    First 0805.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Second 0805.JPG
    Second 0805.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 59
Back