HELP! still undecided on which cam to buy

Petr817

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hello,

Last few weeks I spend on reading a ton of articles and watched a lot of videos about action cam. I really like it and looking forward to buy one asap.. My favorites are SJCAM M20, SJCAM SJ5000x Elite and GitUp Git2. I checked a lot of videos with the latest FW on the cameras (Elite 1.4, Git2 1.5beta). I really love Git2 videos, the seems very good with the latest FW, I think even better than 5000x Elite, which is very detailed on the other side.

Anyways I am also very like the M20 model, which has the same specs as Git2, so maybe this will be the right pick. But now with the start Firmware, the videos looks pretty crap vs. Git2 FW 1.5. I am going for vacation at 14.august and it will be great to buy one until I leave. But I dont hope that M20 will get an update till that date.

So what do you, as a personal users recommend me ? The cam will be mostly used for filming some vacations, actions with friends and so on.

Thank you for answers and sorry for my bad english :)

Its true, but as the M20 is SJCAM new model, i think the will be upgrading the firmware. Anyway SJCAM have pretty good support or ?

Their support is very hit and miss, judge them on what they are rather than what you hope they might be or you could end up disappointed

The GitUp cameras are a much better option, all feedback goes directly to the development team and they are far a more experienced development team also

Its true, but as the M20 is SJCAM new model, i think the will be upgrading the firmware. Anyway SJCAM have pretty good support or ?
They do produce updates, but it took them about 6 months to make the gyro on the SJ5000 elite work acceptably and that was one of it's main features! So like jokiin says, judge it on what it is now or you may have a long wait. Being newer does not make it better when it is using the same sensor and processer.

The Gitup Git2 is already very well sorted so you don't need to worry about updates for that, even though it keeps getting them and more are scheduled. Also there are a lot of people posting about the Git2, you can get much more support from the forums than you would for an M20.

Thanks for reply Nigel. I am thinking of all these arguments for what to buy now. I like the Git2 and also the 5000x Elite. Now I am looking for some videos and reading all threads in this forum, to make the decision. It consumes me very much time :D I am reading and reading and watching vids all day long. So in a few days I will make the final hit and make and order.

Thanks for reply Nigel. I am thinking of all these arguments for what to buy now. I like the Git2 and also the 5000x Elite. Now I am looking for some videos and reading all threads in this forum, to make the decision. It consumes me very much time :D I am reading and reading and watching vids all day long. So in a few days I will make the final hit and make and order.
Which cam have you chosen? Im currently in the same dilemma and can not decide between SJ5000X and GIT2 o_O

Also, I am looking for a good camera.
I take into account SJcam M20, Git 2, Yi 4k ...
The most interesting thing looks Yi ...
Which do you recommend ??

Hi @raklo I bought Git2 and I am very satisfied. Its good camera for the price you pay. Videos in original file looks good. I am begginer, so I must study the function like, contrast, EV, sharpness and so on, how to set them, to make good video in every condition... But I am satisfied with.

Only thing I have recognized, if git2 go from daylight to dark it drops fps and offten the video is a little bit laggy a while, because what I have read, Git2 drops FPS from 60 to 30, if you are filming at 1080p 60 and go to darker area it drops automaticaly from 60 to 30 fps... instead of SJCAM 5000x Elite, which dont drop fps, but start scailing up ISO and the final video is smoother in a while when you go from daylight to dark area/indoor area. Thats all.

Anyway Git2 is a very good cam for the price it cost.

Hi @raklo I bought Git2 and I am very satisfied. Its good camera for the price you pay. Videos in original file looks good. I am begginer, so I must study the function like, contrast, EV, sharpness and so on, how to set them, to make good video in every condition... But I am satisfied with.

Only thing I have recognized, if git2 go from daylight to dark it drops fps and offten the video is a little bit laggy a while, because what I have read, Git2 drops FPS from 60 to 30, if you are filming at 1080p 60 and go to darker area it drops automaticaly from 60 to 30 fps... instead of SJCAM 5000x Elite, which dont drop fps, but start scailing up ISO and the final video is smoother in a while when you go from daylight to dark area/indoor area. Thats all.

Anyway Git2 is a very good cam for the price it cost.
The default behavior of Novatek is to drop frames in low light condition, if not drop frame, the video will be becoming darker, anyway we will test this soon see how it performs if not drop frames.

Back