Help w/ first purchase

Chezman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for the past few days trying to figure out what dash cam fits my needs but I still can't quite decide.

I'm a mailman who delivers out of my own vehicle, and a park on narrow, busy city streets. I also drive for uber.

Basically, I need a camera that meets these requirements:

- Parking mode with motion or vibration detection. (I park my car to deliver mail for 30min-1hr and need a camera that would catch hit-and-run or vandalism on my vehicle.) No power from the cigarette outlet when the ignition is off.

- No need for GPS or an external screen.

- Simple set up, no permanent modification to my car.

- Able to handle heat.

My expectations revolve around observing my parked car while I deliver my mail rt. and having footage in event of an accident while commuting or working an uber shift.

As far as I can glean, a mobius plugged into a car charger and set to MD mode seems like my best bet.

Thanks in advance!

i think the motion detection mode of the mobius is somewhat untested, or I have't seen many reports about how well it works?
Since we're talking about 'parking mode' only covering up to an hour, a mobius with a 32gb card will record about 4 hours worth of video before recording over the segments.
So, leave it running when you are parked. (Powered by an appropriate source)
Come back to your car and your car has been 'modified"?
You just check the video segments for the last hour. Yes, it's a little tedious, but it's the simplest solution. (You'd need to have a laptop or android phone with you to do it on the spot)
The A118C would also work, but has a screen, but the field of view is a little wider.

Speaking of tedious? I just talked to a friend on the phone who solved the caper of 'who stole my first ripe tomato of the season'? They had a tomato they had been watching, and planned on eating today, but it vanished. His wife waded through hours of home security video to see which neighbor stole it. It was a possum.
:)

Mobius/A118C is not really recommended for true motion detection parking mode. (mobius would be better than the A118C though)

The best pre-buffered motion detection and high heat capitble system I know of is the SGZC12SG. Pair it with a MotoPark PANOBDP battery discharge prevention hard wire kit for 24/7 power.
(it has a screen, but it turns off, it has GPS built in)
It's very easy to install comes with 4 different mounts, two which are not permanent.
The PANOBDP hard wire kit will be installed using add-a-ciruit wires (not included) which are also not permanent.

Alternatively the Panorama S will be the same, costs less and doesn't have GPS built in. (mount system is a bit different) You can add the 3rd party PANO360 ball socket mount.
Video quality and pre-buffered motion detection will be the same.

Both of these can take up to 512GB cards so thats well over 8o hours of 15Mbps VBR 1080P recordings. Both of these you can aim where you want as well with the right mount.

Back