Help wanted

ivanhoe

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Seasons greetings all,

I am a little curious about a couple of things that have been happening with my Panorama SII, too the most part it works fine but I have noticed a couple of instances that have been occurring:-

1, Sometimes it doesn't record at all, as an example of what I mean, I leave home and go to the ATM, obviously I switch the car off while I'm making the transaction, I complete my transaction, turn on the car and drive for another three or minutes before I stop again - when I put the film segments onto a HDD, the section that I recorded after leaving the ATM until the next time I switch the engine off isn't there. - this seems to occur at random so it could be the first or the last segment or any inbetween.

2, My other query is similar in nature to the above but this time it indicates there a file there but on both the memory card and the HDD I am asked to install a different codecs, others either side of it are fine.

In both instances I have checked the memory card and it seems to be occurring there as well, even after reformatting it.

Any thoughts?

TIA

P

Is motion detection on or off?

Do you have a hard wire kit to power your panorama while away from the car?
If not is your cigarette power energized while away?

I don't quite understand your second question about having duplicate MP4 files ok both hour hard drive and memory card.

The best playback software is http://registratorviewer.com and http://dashcamviewer.com

Also try VLC player for basic video playback one file at a time.
Http://videolan.org

Hi Pier 28,

Thanks for your response, I'm pretty sure it was suggested when I first got it that the motion sensor be switched off.

1, My camera is plugged to the cigarette lighter but I do not think it is energized while I'm away - usually I turn on as soon as I get in the car and by the time I have put my belts on the camera has played the "musical tone" and by the time I've put it in gear the camera has made a "scraping" sound, that tells me it should be recording.

2, I'm sorry I should have made it plainer, It doesn't seem to matter whether I try to play the file from the memory card or from the HDD I cannot get files that do not show the initial image to play (see attachment), and before you ask yes, I waited about ten minutes to make sure everything was downloaded....of the eight files shown the seventh one asks me to change the codec.

With the exception of the instances above I have no problem in playing the files.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• DASHCAM DL.jpg
    DASHCAM DL.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 4
Lexar Pro, 128gb, class 10, 600x speed....unless there has been an update in the last eighteen months to the sII has to formatted on the computer - too large for formatting in camera.

Thanks guys for the help

Lexar Pro, 128gb, class 10, 600x speed....unless there has been an update in the last eighteen months to the sII has to formatted on the computer - too large for formatting in camera.

Thanks guys for the help

are you formatting the card FAT32?

The latest firmware of the Panorama S allows you to format any size SD card in the camera. (native exFAT support) Try formating it in the camera, the instruction booklet is outdated.

Thanks guys,

IIRC it is fat 32 although the last time I formatted was about five weeks ago, I will give the formatting in the camera a try next time

Thanks for all your help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Panorama 30
Back