Help with GT680W GPS

Jase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I did try searching around, but did not find anything concrete, however hoping some fellow GT680W owners can help me!

I recently picked up the All-Black version from E-Prance, very impressed with video quality, just want to sort out the final niggle I have with GPS then I'll be all set!

I've got the GPS all plugged up, and it reflects that on the camera when I unplug / plug the GPS unit (the yellow satellite image shows and flashes).

Firstly, does the flashing GPS signal mean that there is no signal? I've had it running for a number of hours now (my commute is 1.5Hrs) however it never stops flashing. Also I can see there is a blue flashing light on the GPS receiver.

The firmware shows as "SeeZeus GT680W V2.6G" - I did try to install the v2.7G which was on here / Foxoffer, however after following the instructions, it does not appear to load.
I did the following:
- Format in PC as FAT32
- Copy .bin file to root of Card
- Load card into camera, and turn on ignition

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Hi All,

I did try searching around, but did not find anything concrete, however hoping some fellow GT680W owners can help me!

I recently picked up the All-Black version from E-Prance, very impressed with video quality, just want to sort out the final niggle I have with GPS then I'll be all set!

I've got the GPS all plugged up, and it reflects that on the camera when I unplug / plug the GPS unit (the yellow satellite image shows and flashes).

Firstly, does the flashing GPS signal mean that there is no signal? I've had it running for a number of hours now (my commute is 1.5Hrs) however it never stops flashing. Also I can see there is a blue flashing light on the GPS receiver.

The firmware shows as "SeeZeus GT680W V2.6G" - I did try to install the v2.7G which was on here / Foxoffer, however after following the instructions, it does not appear to load.
I did the following:
- Format in PC as FAT32
- Copy .bin file to root of Card
- Load card into camera, and turn on ignition

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Don't worry on version.. 2.6 or 2.7 will both work fine.

Flashing sat. Image means its looking for GPS signal.
Solid sat. Image means locked signal.

Had a few that did the same here, we catch them before shipping.
Its a dead GPS antenna, contact your vendor.

Don't worry on version.. 2.6 or 2.7 will both work fine.

Flashing sat. Image means its looking for GPS signal.
Solid sat. Image means locked signal.

Had a few that did the same here, we catch them before shipping.
Its a dead GPS antenna, contact your vendor.

Thanks for your quick response! :) Arranged to get this sent back to Amazon.

Just wanted to update all on this.

I ordered another unit before returning defective, swapped out different parts, it turned out to be the Camera which was faulty, rather than the GPS module.

The new camera I got from Amazon, worked for around 1 week, then started exhibiting strange behavior. Firstly it refused to turn on, the Blue LED would appear for a short time, then go out, I would have to unplug USB, GPS, press buttons etc. repeatedly to eventually get it to come to life! It was more apparent after cold nights (however where I say cold, I mean it dropped to perhaps 3-4 degrees Celsius).

After a while I also stared having GPS lock issues, where it would take 30-45mins for to lock a signal.

Finally, the last straw which forced me to return it before end of 30 day Amazon return period was getting in the car one morning to find the screen had a white line across the lower 3rd (looks like screen was starting to fail).

So suffice to say, whilst I was impressed with the GPS / Video accuracy and quality, the hardware did not live up to the promise, so I am now on the lookout for something else which can provide these features with a some more reliability! Any ideas from others who have switched from this unit?

Back