Help with Hard Wiring Lukas K900-QD

Rakesh Gupta

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi

Recently received stock of Lukas K900-QD DashCam which came with 5 Wire - Hard Wire Kit.

I need to install the 5 Wire Hard Wire Kit for this DashCam in my Renault Duster here in India.

Could anyone help me how to do that ?

Last edited:
How's the 50+% off sale on GH going? Lol

You've been selling BV, Lukas and Qiva for a while now, don't you know how to hardwire?

Harsh we know the system but this time time the model we received has 5 Wire Hard Wire Cable which is unique as it was never supplied earlier.

We are waiting for OEM to share the connection diagram.

The 50% Sale is going on and most of the previous stock is exhausted. Few Units still available.

For the kind of premium your MRP suggests. Why should a buyer have to go directly to the company/OEM for support or service? I mean what's the point of 'Global Technologies', other than a handsome profit?

Harsh

We are not keeping handsome margin considering that legal import through proper channel involves lots of overhead. Not sure whether you are into the busiernss of import or not.

The costs include :
1. Product Cost
2. Shipping
3. Custom Clearing Charges : 1 to 2% of Custom Assessed Value
4. Insurance 2.5% of Custom Assessed Value
4. Demurrage
5. Custom's Duty approx. 30.6%

Custom assess value based on their own Exchange rate and they do not rely on what you have actually remitted. Most of the time it is always 1 to 2 Ruppes higher than the RBI Exchange Rate.

Further, in case a product received is faulty then return shipping cost which is approx. Rs. 5,500/- for a weight of 500 gms.

Then product replacement costs after return from OEM.

Further Investment in stock which is around several millions of Rupees.

Not an importer but I know how it works. Have done business with many suppliers that import.

Do you actually provide support/service? Because it would be a really shi**y business model if you don't.

Return related shipping shouldn't cost so much, that too only comes into the picture if you're handling the support and service part. Which as per your list, if needed has to be sorted directly with the Company/OEM.

Last edited:
Harsh,

There is no point os keeping this continuing. Let me clarify you last time.

Since 1st April, all electronics items that needs to be sent outside India for Repair/Replacement has to go through Cargo Mode only. Electronic items include DashCams as well.

If you try to send your DashCam for repair to China by Post, then India Post won't accept it now. They will ask you to send it through Air Cargo.

Even all the couriers like FedEx, DHL, TNT and other International Courier companies won't accept the packet containing DashCams or any electronic gadget through Courier Mode which is cheaper for small items but will tell you to send it through Air Cargo mode only.

In our regular prices we include these overheads but when we put item on sale with wafor thin margins, we clearly mention that buyer has to pay the shipping cost for repair.

All our products cover as per OEM Warranty terms.

The product being sold on Amazon/Flipkart and all other ECommerce portals in India selling these brands come without Warranty. You can check with any of the Vendors on these portals and still they charge you exhorbitant prices and if you compare our prices are still lower than all those.

Now the thread is closed with this message.

Fluff, fluff and more fluff. You still did not answer the question - Do you provide support and warranty or does the buyer need to go directly to the company?

What's the hurry to close the thread, getting uncomfortable?

Harsh

I've already mentioned that at REtail price there is support & warranty as well and we do offer some discounts for our regular customers.

When we put product at Hefty discounts such as being offered currently, then still it has warranty from OEM but to avail that warranty either customer can directly send the faulty unit back to OEM by the most convenience method he want by paying shipping else he/she can return the unit and we will send it but before sending to OEM we inform the customer about shipping cost.

In first case, we do not ask customer to pay shipping.

I think this answers your queries.

Regarding your comments you are free to say anything as FREEDOM OF SPEECH is every citizens right.

You have not purchased anything from us and you have no right to use such words. We are in this field for past 30+ years and we know better what to offer and what not to offer.

Our customers include Multinationals, knowledgeable persons, who know what they want ? They are not who blindly buy products.

Last edited:
Of course, don't need you to remind me...

Would you care to explain why your 50+% off prices match the international MSRP of the same models? So warranty should still be taken care by the importer/you.

Are you saying that you charge almost a $100 (5500 inr) as an anticipatory warranty fee, wouldn't that also be mostly pure profit?

My beef is that you sell cameras that are overpriced to begin with and then mark it up even more. And when it comes to warranty, either the customer has to contact the Koreans on their own or even if you do it for them, the customer has to wait endlessly for the repair. How about setting up and service and repair centre as well. Nobody wants to spend $800 on a Dashcam and then be told it will take a month before it's back in their hands again. Premium price demands premium service...

is that a thing in India where if you buy something at a heavy discount you don't get warranty support from the seller?

You have not purchased anything from us and you have no right to use such words. We are in this field for past 30+ years and we know better what to offer and what not to offer.

Our customers include Multinationals, knowledgeable persons, who know what they want ? They are not who blindly buy products.

I am not out of my mind.

The irony... lol

is that a thing in India where if you buy something at a heavy discount you don't get warranty support from the seller?

Brand warranty still applies.

Online though, warranty on apparel, shoes and stuff gets cut in half with heavy discounts.

When you buy Aparrel or Shoes online, even at Half Price, 99% of these company offer a warranty of 6 months when you are buying without Sale. In Sale they won't even exchange.

Further I don't want to comment as the thread was meant for something else and not for the things which you are putting forward.

Mr., I does not owe anything to you to explain. Closing this thread here itself.

Moderator, please close this.

Further I don't want to comment as the thread was meant for something else and not for the things which you are putting forward.

Mr., I does not owe anything to you to explain. Closing this thread here itself.

Moderator, please close this.

:LOL:

I think I've made my point.

sellers would never get away with that in our market, different world there
Jokin

The user Harsh is unnecessarily using the words which he should not use and without checking the facts on ECommerce sites such as Amazon India.

1.png

2.png

As most of the items are imported and costs involved Customs, GAST, Clearing, Shipping hence prices of most of the DashCams from Korea are high. You can see the above image.

Mr. Harsh should have checked the facts before blaming us.

Please close this thread as it is not good to have such discussions here.

Check any website selling these brands, your prices are at least double of what these models sell for internationally.

Harish, Why are you comparing prices of same product posted by us (qwhich is inclusive of 18% GST) with International portals where they charge Shipping extra and then you have to pay Customs of around 30.6%.

Looks like you have not checked the above images taken from Amazon India website.

The BlackVue 750S - 1 CH is being sold at this portal for almost $775 that too without Warranty.

As of now we don't have stock of this model but even if we have sold it then we might have sold it as below :

DR900S - 2CH with 32 Gb: MRP Rs. 61,000/- (incl. GST and 32 Gb Memory) whereas on Amazon India it is with 16 Gb. [$499 + $100 (Shipping) + 20% Duty + 18% IGST. Exchange Rate 72/- as per RBI.
DR900S-1CH with 32 Gb ; MRP Rs. 48000 (incl. GST and 32 Gb Memory) whereas on Amazon India it is with 16 Gb. [$379 + $100 (Shipping) + 20% Duty + 18% IGST. Exchange Rate 72/- as per RBI.

Now compare and calculate if you import it in legal way by paying all the duties and taxes and not as baggage.

That's a lot of money, I'm sure it must be a hard sell in your market, it is a challenge when you're up against grey market sellers that try and avoid taxes also that will sell at lower prices

Back