High frequency "noise"

wzr1337

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have an issue with high frequency "noise" that you can see on the attached images. I do not (yet) have an idea of what this effect is called, but it is for sure an effect that is a result of quadcopter vibrations and image stabilization or even "sensor scanning".

Does anyone have an explaination and a fix for me? How do I get rid of these "waves"?

It also occurs on videos, resulting in a "popply water" effect.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Y0150735_.jpg
    Y0150735_.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 45
ND Filter is your best bet. It will reduce the shutter speed and the rolling shutter impact.

ND Filter is your best bet. It will reduce the shutter speed and the rolling shutter impact.
Though it looks pretty extreme from your image! Haven't seen that kind of wobbliness before.

Though it looks pretty extreme from your image! Haven't seen that kind of wobbliness before.
you are talking about "offboard" image filtering right? That would correct the image probably, but I think I rather need an in-cam or mechanical solution, as I want to take videos aswell.

First of all forget what armdromeda say about nd filter.

From what i can judge . Its the drone it self. Since you use those rubber dumpers. I seen Yi videos from drones and it looked fine.

Could this be a fault in drone it self ?Making it vibrate , more that usual ?

Here you can see what it looks like on video:

try it without the rubber dampers, your problem is because the camera is vibrating

make sure you don't have an out of balance propeller or motor also

I'll give
try it without the rubber dampers, your problem is because the camera is vibrating

make sure you don't have an out of balance propeller or motor also
it a try.. maybe the damper are the reason.. motors and props are brand new

You can try without the dampers . In my opinion it will only increase problem. But i dont own a drone so dont take my word for it.

What drone you own mate ?

I'll give

it a try.. maybe the damper are the reason.. motors and props are brand new

you can hold the camera in your hand on shake it slightly side to side while recording and you will see the exact same effect, it's caused by vibration, you can search YouTube for 'rolling shutter' or 'jello effect' and you find plenty of examples that match your video I'm sure

hi guys,

I finally figured it out.. it was cause by vibrations from one of the motors. exchanged the motors.. effect is gone.. the drone was flying well, only the cam had issues

Back