High pitch noise while dashcam running (4K Duo GPS)

dadelayer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I was Googling around and found this forum and came across this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a129-duo-high-pitched-noise.38653/

I'm also having a "high pitch" or "whining" noise coming from the dashcam when its on, using the hardwire kit (3 wire) for both the front and back dashcams.
I tried adding a ferrite core but it doesn't do anything.
VIOFO support told me this was normal. I don't think this is true because I've seen other videos on youtube of this same Dashcam without the whining noise.

I've attached 2 video samples, 1 is while I'm driving and 1 is while the car is parked, with the key turned to on.
I don't mind the noise in the video, but the noise while I'm driving is driving me nuts :wacky:

Any help is appreciate it, thanks!

Driving video:
Car parked video:

if you can hear the high pitched noise while the camera is on it's not normal, that's a hardware problem, speak to whoever you bought it off about warranty

It would help if the windows where up on the second video. I think i can hear a bird. If the bird noise is the sound you’re referring to I’m out.

Update.... with headphones on I hear a digital interference.
As @Nigel suggests try other power sources.... If possible try a linear 5V supply, these don't introduce electrical noise which would prove the unit is faulty if the noise remains.

Last edited:
VIOFO support told me this was normal. I don't think this is true because I've seen other videos on youtube of this same Dashcam without the whining noise.
I think it is fairly common, and nothing to worry about for functionality or reliability, and most people wouldn't hear it while driving, too high pitched.

I don't mind the noise in the video, but the noise while I'm driving is driving me nuts :wacky:
You could try plugging the power lead into the camera instead of the mount.

You could also try repositioning the camera, maybe to the other side of the mirror, since high frequency sound is very directional and easily blocked.

My guess is that the cause is more to do with the hardwire kit than the camera, so to fix it, I would replace the hardwire kit, maybe try the camera with the standard power adaptor first to see if the camera will run quietly with another power source.

What did you use to record the "Car parked video"? Obviously not a dashcam, it's in stereo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RavenManiac A129 / 129 Duo 142
Back