HK3 does not resume power after reconnecting car battery

but am interested to know!
When I park the car for more than like 2-3 days I disconnect the car battery and connect instead some other battery I have at the parking facility (that is recharged periodically).
Because these cars have alarms, dashcams, and so on, if you park the car with a 100% full battery it will take about 4 weeks to drain it completely and basically the dashcams will shut off after like 4-5 days maximum because of the voltage drop. So one week of parking is like 25%. If the car would not have alarm and dashcam the battery will not drain as fast and you can still start the car after 8 weeks. But it is what it is.

So that's pretty much the story behind the battery disconnect. Now, this VIOFO is the first dashcam I have on this car after 12 years of owning that has an interruptible kit that is not uninterruptible. I plan on moving from the old Itronics ITB500 for parking surveillance + some higher resolution cameras for driving on the other cars I have as well and use something like the 70MAI A800S (total FAIL so far) or the A129 pro duo (repairable FAIL) to handle both the parking surveillance and the high resolution recording, because nowadays this is possible.

For your scenario / use-case, this solution may work for you:

I don't know how often you have to do the disconnect, but that must mess up a few things in the car...like radio setup, transmission shift points, and who knows what else. Too bad the parking facility doesn't provide some kind of trickle-charging.

After reconnecting the battery, you should turn the ACC on then off, then it will be working normally.

For your scenario / use-case, this solution may work for you:

I don't know how often you have to do the disconnect, but that must mess up a few things in the car...like radio setup, transmission shift points, and who knows what else. Too bad the parking facility doesn't provide some kind of trickle-charging.
I think it's much easier and cheaper to just swap the cable to something else which I assume OP did. :LOL: It needs only 5V/2A for power and 3.3V for ID pin as the ACC (somebody tried even straight 5V but the output from HWK is 3.3V)

Back