HK4 reboots every 5 minutes

Grisac

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello,
I have an A229 PRO Duo connected to the HK4 hardware kit in a Audi Q5 FY 20217 with Start/Stop.
The problem is that when when I activate the vehicle's ACC, the dashcam works but restarts after 1-2 minutes. Afterwards (with the engine running), the dashcam resets are exactly every 5 minutes.
I have tried several fuses and it always makes the same sequence of errors.
When I connect the dashcam with the cigarette lighter wiring, the dashcam works perfectly.

Does anyone else have this problem or know the reason?

Thank you very much and greetings to this great forum ;)

Welcome to the club.
Just to clarify there are 3 different models of A229.
A229 Duo (2022) IMX335 2K
A229 Pro (2023) IMX678 4K
A229 Plus (2023) IMX675 2K
All 3 cameras have different firmware.

What SD Card are you using?
What is the firmware version of the camera?
Test the camera with HK4 in your house to isolate from the car, (use power supply or similar).
If you don’t get this figured out you may want to submit a ticket directly to Viofo;
-Chuck

Hello again,
I appreciate the welcome, Mr. Chuck, and the prompt response... I wasn't expecting someone else ;P That's quite a few hours of reading posts from you and some others :)
My model, as I indicated in the first post, is: A229 Pro (2023) IMX678 4K (duo: with rear cam).
I was using the Sandisk Extreme 256GB microSD card (they now say it causes "instability") so I bought the Viofo 256GB microSD.
The firmware version is V1.2_240227 and rear camera V1.0_231207.
It takes a lot of effort to uninstall all the wiring in the car... :(
I already have the ticket with Viofo open, thank you. But at the moment, they see no response.
What I have discovered is that, only in the lowest voltage position (11.8V), there is no error and everything works correctly. Could it be due to the AGM battery in the car itself?
Can I trust that if I apply the 2-hour parking setting, the battery will not be discharged?

Thanks again :D

It takes a lot of effort to uninstall all the wiring in the car... :(
I know it’s too late, but this is why it’s important to fully test the camera in your house BEFORE you install it in your car.
Maybe you can buy a spare hardwire kit for testing purposes.
You can easily slide the camera of the mount for proper parking mode operation testing.
Could it be due to the AGM battery in the car itself?
I don’t know the operational strategy of your vehicle, and how it detects, and disables circuits it deems as an unacceptable parasitic draw.
This is going to be a question for someone familiar with your make / model of car.
Can I trust that if I apply the 2-hour parking setting, the battery will not be discharged?
The only way to be certain is to test it out.
If you’re concerned with discharging your vehicle starter battery, it might be a good idea to get a booster pack / jump starter until you get the parking mode figured out for your specific vehicle.

So far it does not sound like you have defective Viofo equipment, and your issue is with your car.

Back