Home security DVR and cameras for car?

If you are enabling Motion Detect for the camera it can record for days, not just hours on a 64GB card
I am not discussing here if a camera is good or bad or a brand or another. A camera which claims it will record on its card should record. If this was not possible then all cameras were out from the market now.

My previous YouTube video was obtained by playback of a recorded video which was on the camera mounted in the car. I was in my room and accessing the camera SD Card using my network which means wireless connection between my smartphone - network - camera wi-fi mounted in the car. For this is needed the Wi-Fi because the tested camera is only Wi-Fi and to connecting with it is needed this Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi.

enjoy,
Mtz

But with a 3TB DVR and 4 cameras you'd get weeks or months of recording time, and if you drop the framerate to 10fps or 5fps even more time

A camera with a built in full size SD slot would be OK, but my Bosch is the only one I know of like that and it just doesn't work

If you want 4 cameras then two mini 0906 dual cameras would be the cheap option to get digital FHD video for all 4 views. You have to make do with using 2 microSD cards but at least then you have 2x the capacity of a single card.

The prices for a decent HD IP multi-camera DVR system have come WAY down in the last few years. While you can't just expect that it can just, "Plug in and work", either analog or digital, they are not at all too hard to set-up for your particular situation once you figure out the settings. When you're ready to purchase they may be even cheaper. :)
I certainly hope so (cheaper), till then I'll just have to depend on my Browning Hi-Power 9mm 115gr HP's, and Ruger .45 with 330gr cast flat nose. The first one will stop a man, the second one will stop ANYTHING!:D:cool:

I certainly hope so (cheaper), till then I'll just have to depend on my Browning Hi-Power 9mm 115gr HP's, and Ruger .45 with 330gr cast flat nose. The first one will stop a man, the second one will stop ANYTHING!:D:cool:
Nice :D

Well, whatever might happen, you probably want to capture it all on camera! :smuggrin::snaphappy:

Well, whatever might happen, you probably want to capture it all on camera! :smuggrin::snaphappy:

@Dashmellow I know about the message you sent
delete-png.33729
, however it was NOT at the bottom of the post, So I have no idea how to get it deleted. Do you have a way to contact the system manager, he/she can delete it or someone with those privileges. There is nothing I can do. The delete message appeared for one of the copies that was made but that was it. Usually there is a way to contact the system manager on some web sites but not here.

@Dashmellow I know about the message you sent
delete-png.33729
, however it was NOT at the bottom of the post, So I have no idea how to get it deleted. Do you have a way to contact the system manager, he/she can delete it or someone with those privileges. There is nothing I can do. The delete message appeared for one of the copies that was made but that was it. Usually there is a way to contact the system manager on some web sites but not here.

If you tag @DashCamMan, the site Administrator (and owner of DCT) as I already just did, he will be able to assist you.

@Lola, I'm not sure why you don't see the posting tools at the bottom but they should be right below your entry as in this screen shot.

tools.png

@Lola, I'm not sure why you don't see the posting tools at the bottom but they should be right below your entry as in this screen shot.

View attachment 33731

I can't even open the above attachment. The picture I was trying to download of the Lens specifications was sent to me this morning from China, I hope there isn't some hacking going on. I'll leave the formum just in case.

I can't even open the above attachment. The picture I was trying to download of the Lens specifications was sent to me this morning from China, I hope there isn't some hacking going on. I'll leave the formum just in case.

I'm not quite clear on what "above attachment" you are referring to?? The attachments I've posted here are just screen shots for illustration purposes if that's what you mean.

@Lola
One of my first pistols was a old Browning FN1907, Newer Brownings also look good to me, the ones i like are always too big to CC :D but i am also a open carry kind of guy if i got the chance.
But as it is i will have to make do with my F&F magnum ( Fist & Foot )

I'm happy with my 357 loaded just a bit hot- 125gr JHP at a measured 1600fps from a 4" barrel :D I don't know the pressure but it's in the ++++P+ range :whistle:

Phil

First 357 i fell in love with was the Colt Python, but i never had the pleasure of trying one of that caliber.
357 ammo always been hard to get here 6 - 9 mm - 44 - 45 much easier, at least that's how it was in the old days for sidearm ammo.

I am so bourne in the wrong place.

Back