Hoping this performs better than the K1

We recommend Profesional installation at your local mechanic but if you want to DIY without stripping wires you can look into getting a splitter. It gets you get 3-wire off an accessory plug, most new bikes have one for adding an alarm etc. example:

They make other brand / model versions as well just send Custom Dynamics a message

I just looked at your photo where is all the black foam that surrounds every item? It can’t be how it arrived as shown. It should have only been slightly out of alignment from the reboxing.
If it did arrive that was as shown, the only explanation is customs opened it up for inspection. Canada stock is delayed so I helped ship a few K3 orders to Canada from the USA via UPS.

I wonder if the "only' possible explanation could be that customs opened it for inspection?

Factory shipped cables are not generally wound or packaged like that. As we all know dash cam cables shipped from the factory are usually neat and tidy and carefully secured with a twist tie. These look like someone removed the twist ties, unfurled the cables, wrapped them back up and put them back in the box. I can't imagine why customs would remove twist ties and unfurl cables like that for an inspection. They have better things to do with their time. This, coupled with the missing black foam has the look of a product that was returned by a customer. Also, don't these lenses ship with protective plastic on the lens like most dash cams?

The camera is probably fine but something definitely doesn't add up about this photo.

1619483616698.png

The camera cables don’t seem out of place at all. They leave a bit of length so they reach the foam insert a short distance away.
6c388f3b6823df47930809a1b13bada6.jpg

d1226972addf216e0fe6fc9cdf0aded3.jpg

The foam was sitting beside it as it had all just been stuff in the box and the box was sitting half open.
. This, coupled with the missing black foam has the look of a product that was returned by a customer.
just out of shot, it does look messy in the pic though

can be a nightmare repacking boxes like that when pieces with permanently attached cables are shown in the top presentation style

If the black foam was there and it was the first thing that was removed, it’s going to look like it looks. There is no longer any structure. Any way, I can assure everyone everything is brand new.

can be a nightmare repacking boxes like that when pieces with permanently attached cables are shown in the top presentation style

Even so, is that really the way the factory wraps the mic cable? No twist tie and sloppily hand wrapped?

Not a good look to arrive like that for several reasons whatever the explanation may be, but as I said, I'm sure the camera is fine. :)

The microphone has a bit of length beyond the twist tie part. Normal
23988bcafaafbb524769580612987c6c.jpg

The microphone has a bit of length beyond the twist tie part. Normal

Yes, but that one looks much more neatly wrapped than in the other photo and the mic itself is not wrapped around the cable like in the other photo. It is highly unlikely that the mic cable in the other photo came out of the factory like that. Not normal!

It looks normal to me the wire is simply crossing over right where the twist tie is. I’m not seeing any twist-tie-gate here.

Zoomed in:
8939f24238e1caf6efad6922d27fa89a.png

I'm not interested in arguing this to death but that wire wrapping job doesn't look like it would have come out of the factory like that and it certainly doesn't match the neater look of your other photo. It looks more like someone repackaged it and put it back in the box.

These are wrapped by hand at the factory so they can vary a bit.

I think that everyone will forget about the few unpleasant minutes that happened when opening the box, when we see the high quality of the video from this INNOVV K3 :)

Back