Hotspot when leaving car for days at a time

Michael J

Reaction score
Country
United States
Had the U1000 (front and rear) professionally installed along with the Cellink. Had them install the Cellink in the glove box so I can access if needed. This is on a 2021 Chevy Blazer SUV.
When you turn the car off, it kills the hotspot. I'm on both Verizon and AT&T for my other cars. I like the parking features: being sent an email and video if a collision happens, remote login to see cameras, etc..
The problem is this.. I go to the lake a lot which means the car sits from Thursday to Sunday. Also, what happens when I go to the airport and it sits for a week? I dont want to come back and have the battery drained. Lastly, what about just when the car sits at home for a couple days and you turn the car back on? The problem I had with the Verizon Jetpack is t has a button on the side you have to hit to turn the unit back on when the battery dies.

Please advise what options I might have or suggestions. Really appreciate it!

Cellink NEO Battery Pack | Smart Power Bank for Dash Cams | Supplies up to 24 Hrs (2Channel) and up to 45 Hrs (1Channel) of Battery Life to Your Dash Cam (Spliced Ver. for Thinkware Dash Cams)​

Can we get some more details? I'm fairly new to this.
How do you wire it to the Cellink?
Which Hotspot unit are you using?
Which cell service? (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T?)
If you loose power to the Hotspot, does it automatically come back on when power is reapplied or do you have to manually hit a button?

I have a Huwai hotspot (see pic one) - on a french network

i hardwired it with a dashcam kit: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/B08XNZ4GNW
and have a small adaptor to go from mini usb to micro usb : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/B085C513MQ(although i think there are also hardwire kits with a micro usb plug)

i just wire it together with the dashcam (pic 2 shows the cable i wire it on to)

though i realise now that my cables are different from your cellink, as i have this one https://www.dashwitness.com/shop/cellink-pro/
I guess you plug the dashcam cable directly into the cellink, so there is no way to add something else, right ?

the hotspot must indeed be restarted manually after it has run out of juice ..

I think for you the easiest is to get a XL power bank with a usb port
then get a cable that's usb on one end and the other end whatever fits your hotspot (micro usb i guess, so something like this cable )

with a big powerbank i'm sure you will get a good week out of your hotspot if not more

it's a simple install, you'll just have to recharge the powerbank every now & then20210526_135612234_iOS.jpg20210526_140210690_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
OK, thank you. I hope someone here in the US responds to this post and will have a solution since our wiring looks different.

it has nothing to do with US or not. i have a different model cellink (rare)

in principal you can hook the hotspot onto the power cable from the cellink to the camera, but guess this means you wil have to cut it first

Last edited:
following, didn't get the U1000 yet but have the same questions.
@Michael J do you also have the radar module for the U1000?

Back