How about ADAS function? Is good in Dash Cam?

aliya2012

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I learned that some Dash Cam with ADAS, is GOOD?

Nope. Almost useless :)
after i sold many dashcams and took feelback from my customers, all of them shuted this function off after few days using.

I think its said its good in a few dashcams, but no matter that its a feature i would never use myself.
Maybe on the long rural roads of Australia it would be a good feature, but otherwise i could not see myself use it.
Also ADAS is beginning to become a default feature in dashcams, at least it seem that way to me.

Maybe on the long rural roads of Australia it would be a good feature, but otherwise i could not see myself use it.

no, it's a useless feature that doesn't work reliably here either, it sort of works in some expensive Korean cameras but even those aren't great. the only type of ADAS that works as intended is the type installed by the vehicle manufacturer that is integrated to the vehicle ECU, without input from various sensors in the vehicle, accelerator, brakes, indicators etc it's can't work correctly, you'll notice these systems typically have two cameras which are used by the computer for calculating distances

Even those systems built into a vehicle have performance shortcomings. Automatic braking will kick in when rounding a curve and the sensors pick up an approaching vehicle that it thinks is on a collision course is just one example - I actually had this happen on a test drive. :eek: Not a big fan as a result.

I just found that in my friends car you cant even disconnect ESC, at least you can turn off that BS in my car :)

I wish you was able to buy a car car, meaning there was none of the modern stuff in it that would be good in a car driven by a computer.
One thing is for sure as long as its me at the wheel and pedals i will be loathing stuff like ABS and ESC, only modern stuff i like is airbags and seatbelt tensioners, but if those was messing with my driving i would dislike those too.

EDIT: i like aircondition and power steering too but those are hardly new things and dont periodic mess with my driving, i can even do without power windows too.
I am old enough to have driven cars without power steering ;)

So please give me a car without all that stuff so i can get + 1km/L mileage thats far more important to me.

when it works like this

then I think it's valid, the type of system that is built into the cameras is only of gimmick value

Back