How accurate are speed readings?

GPS recording of speed will easily overturn a speeding conviction.
Do you have some evidence, or a source of information on that?

Normally you are going to fail, because your GPS will agree that you were speeding!

I suspect it is often true if you weren't speeding, because your GPS recording is normally accurate, and that forces them to check their video evidence, which will agree that you were not speeding; but if a police video disagrees with your GPS then you are not going to get very far!

Excellent result.

Had the circumstances been different and I'm not sure if the laws in Wales are the same in England, but if your licence was clean at the time of the ticket and at the speeds they claim you were going, you would automatically qualify for a "Speed Awareness Course" providing you hadn't done one in 3 years, via Zoom from your home.
I had my third National Speed Awareness Course in 10 years, 2 months ago.

Source for speeds info: https://www.police.uk/advice/advice...d-a-speed-camera-activation-letter-or-notice/
I recently had a zoom speed awareness course for doing 57 in 50 section of M4 motorway near Newport at 4am on my way home from Bristol airport.
No other cars on the road. I had 6 hour flight plus check ins.

The law should be, but I think the decision on courses depends on which police force you are in rather than which country, some forces are a lot keener on courses than others, and it would still have cost £88 for the course, you only avoid the points.

Mine was a straight £100 I think but not getting the points probably saved me every year afterwards until they would have fallen off.

Back