How do I adjust exposure/metering on Mobius?

GoodEnough

Reaction score
Country
United States
With so much bright sky, the lower road part is too dark.
I need to blow out and overexpose the sky, so the road is brighter.
How do I do this?

There are options for Exposure and Contrast under Advanced Image Settings in the mSetup program.

I see those settings, but can't the cam do this dynamically?
It's hard to choose a fixed exposure since days vary by brightness and time of day.
Is there a common setting people use?

Or do you just need to experiment?
I changed it to +75

You could also just aim the camera more down, the old trick is 60% road and 40% sky.

If you have the camera angle so much up you dont have any of your car hood or dashbord in the frame thats properly the reason why the camera focus so much on the bright sky, if you have more road in frame the camera will focus on that and adjust its settings to accommodate that.

@GoodEnough, why are you filling up the General Dash Cam Discussion section with questions about the Mobius?

Do you just record in various positions then go view the video and remember what the best position turned out to be?

What is the etymology of "Module 79L" ?
Are you 37 years old?

If he is 27 then he is a "young one" i cant even remember when i was 37 :(

On my windscreen and the cameras there i have the 4 most forward inches of the dashbord in view and the same 4 inches or so of the A pillars in frame.

But the 60/40 split is the horizon, having 60 % of whats below it in frame and 40 % of whats above the horizon, here that add up to a 5 degree or so downward angle on the cameras.

Here my camera might be a little more down angle than needed for this brand/model ( it do vary a little what the cameras need, depending to hardware in play )
SG1.jpg

And here the angle might be a little too high ( have been experimenting with this on this model as a part of resolving EV issues with the maker )
SG074.jpg

Here is a framegrab off my Mobius 2 camera.
vlcsnap-2016-09-13-21h04m45s161.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Mobius 0
dirkzelf Mobius 8
J Mobius 3
Back