How do I get into the menu ?

Vogon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just got my a119s, and after initial setup I cant get back to the menu, when I plug into the PC it comes up straightaway with mass storage on the blue screen, I know I configured it hooked to the PC before !
likewise, when in the car once powered up the menu button takes a pic not enters menu :/

Don't use your computer USB ports to power the camera. Use a USB charger (phone charger), or your car adapter. Once camera starts, press the REC button to stop recording, then press Menu button to access settings.

Aha, thank you :)
As an aside, I think I got a bonus, I ordered non GPS but it came with 2 non and what looks like a GPS base ... handy as the lead comes out of a better place for me on the GPS base :D
All I need is a firmware that reduces the over sharpness and I will be set !

If your camera is a V1 (version 1), you'll want to power the camera directly, not through the mount. Powering through the gps mount on V1 cameras has had some issues. GPS will still work.
If you have V2 in your serial number, you have a V2.

Yep is a V2, at least that's what it says on box and on description at the e-store were ordered :)
But there wasn't a foam thing in between the mount and camera as I have seen, I made my own with some duct tape to keep the camera snug in the GPS mount. The non GPs mounts were snug without.

Edit, just double checked the s/n on the cam ... it starts with a119sv2 so should be fine , thanks for notifying me of possible issues if it wasn't (y)

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J A119S 9
M A119S 1
K A119S 4
BCHobbyist A119S 2
Back