How does the gsensor work?

hasley

Reaction score
Country
Andorra
Hello,
what is the working mode of the gsensor? it turns on the camera when something hits it? and the settings 2g 3g... are the multipliers of the gravity force needed to start recording? now, the camera doesnt turn on when I shake it...

The sensor is only used to automatically lock files in the case of an event triggering the sensor

The sensor is only used to automatically lock files in the case of an event triggering the sensor

Yes ... when it is ALREADY recording.

Thank you
Its only about file system and prevents file from deletting, right?

Thank you
Its only about file system and prevents file from deletting, right?
Yes it is there so the cameras loop function does not over write it once the card is full and it loops over.
It will still be deleted if you forget to copy it over to a PC and format the card in the camera
(At least other models do this)

Also be aware that if you set the sensitivity of the G-Sensor to high it will lock files of you going over speed bumps or hitting pot holes because the force from the bump triggers the sensor.

This will cause you to have a memory card full of locked loop undeleteable files of you going over a speed bump or a hole and leave less space on the card before it starts to loop again.

Lastly as mentioned before the camera must be already turned on and recording for it to work.

Last edited:
I myself am also wondering about the sensitivity setting for g levels. I haven't see an answer yet.

Which number is more sensitive? High or low?

I guess 1g is the normal gravity, 2x is two times, 5x five... then the higger the more sensivity

I guess 1g is the normal gravity, 2x is two times, 5x five... then the higger the more sensivity

I would have thought just the opposite.

5G surely needs a bigger shock to set it off than 1G ?

Sorry, youre right. 5G needs five times 9.8meters*second. 2G only two times to fire the trigger.

I am also trying to figure out the meaning of the gsensor info displayed on the player. To me, they are just numbers and does not provide any info to me.

So should I set the G sensor sensitivity to "low" for impact detection?

So should I set the G sensor sensitivity to "low" for impact detection?

If you have the 'G-Sensor Precision' set to the lowest value of '2G' then just a lesser more gentle impact is required to trigger the 'locking' of the files ... Likewise if you have the 'G-Sensor Precision' set to the highest value of '5G' then a much more forceful impact is necessary before any files get 'locked' i.e. Write-Protected

However practically speaking how these 'G' values translate onto the Road I think you'll have to experiment a bit and see what best works for you :)

At the end of the day though, no matter what the G-factor is set at, you won't be missing any evidence of any impact because you're more than likely going to examine (and copy) the relevant files as soon as you get home anyway aren't you ? I know I would ! The only difference is going to be whether or not the relevant files were 'locked' during the impact ... make sense ?

Unfortunately if your vehicle is hit whilst it's parked up the Mini 0801 does not currently have any way of recording what happens immediately after the impact. Perhaps something for the Manufacturers to consider for future versions ...

Last edited:
If you have the 'G-Sensor Precision' set to the lowest value of '2G' then just a lesser more gentle impact is required to trigger the 'locking' of the files ... Likewise if you have the 'G-Sensor Precision' set to the highest value of '5G' then a much more forceful impact is necessary before any files get 'locked' i.e. Write-Protected

However practically speaking how these 'G' values translate onto the Road I think you'll have to experiment a bit and see what best works for you :)

At the end of the day though, no matter what the G-factor is set at, you won't be missing any evidence of any impact because you're more than likely going to examine (and copy) the relevant files as soon as you get home anyway aren't you ? I know I would ! The only difference is going to be whether or not the relevant files were 'locked' during the impact ... make sense ?

Unfortunately if your vehicle is hit whilst it's parked up the Mini 0801 does not currently have any way of recording what happens immediately after the impact. Perhaps something for the Manufacturers to consider for future versions ...

@Simon Lock, yes it makes sense. Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Mini 0801 3
Back