How is the mount on Mini 0805?

MoneyT8

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A118C, G90
I was wondering how is the mount on the Mini 0805? I see that it's an adhesive mount so does that mean you cannot move it around once mounted or else it would lose the adhesiveness? Can it stick to the black dotted area on the windshield? Are there alternative mounts?

I'm looking to put the 0805 to the front and possibly move my G90 to the rear, however my rear windows are tinted. I was looking at the 0806, however it's out of my budget. Thank's in advance.

Three words.................industrial strength velcro.

You can reposition it fairly easily for the first week or so if you warm it up with a hairdryer (being careful not to get the glass hot enough to crack if it is a cold day) before attempting to remove it. It will stick to just about anything that is clean and free of grease. It will only loose it's stickiness if you get it dirty or greasy.

Extra mounts are available cheaply if you have more than one car to use it in.

You can mount it on the dotted area of the screen. This is where mine is and the only place on the front screen I can get GPS signal.
Can it stick to the black dotted area on the windshield?

Three words.................industrial strength velcro.
3M Twinlock is suitable, @Hillbilly uses this from memory
This

It's also called 3M Dual Lock (and also comes in black) When I was younger I used to industrial strength velcro a ton of things and it would peel back off after not to long. (CBs to Dashboards and Mic holders often)
I have since switched to 3m Dual Lock for both some CB installs as well my Mini 0805 mount so that I could test it in different cars and none of it moves.

Here is nothing but Dual Lock holding the CB and headunit in my Camaro when it was put in. hasn't moved since.
2i9njp.jpg

The Mic is dual locked as well
10xv7d2.jpg

As is my G90 GPS mount
qrktp1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great answers guys, thanks for your input. I'll definitely consider the Mini 0805. I had another question I'm really looking for a discrete camera so how does the Mini 0805 compared to say the Mobius when it comes to size? The G90 is a bit bulky for me as I am unable to put up my sunshade because it interferes with the tip of the lens. Thanks.

Back