Can you power the Mini 0805 + GPS from its top USB socket, not the socket on the mount?

hcanning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully a simple question... Thanks :)

yes but you won't have GPS information embedded. top usb powers only the camera and not the GPS mount.

I'll give it a try.

Whilst I'm here, does anyone know for sure which resolution setting on the 0805 produces the best picture quality? I've seen video reviews of the 0803 where the 1296P resolutions don't offer any detail over the 1080p ones. Shall I just use 1920x1080 30fps?

I think I do. What resolution is that?

test it first, on some it works fine

i'll have to try this when I'm out of work. I was making an assumption from my previous experience with the 0801. thanks!

yes but you won't have GPS information embedded. top usb powers only the camera and not the GPS mount.

I have never plugged my dash cam cable on the mount's port so far and I've always plugged the cable on the camera's port itself but I have my GPS setting activated. This I have to check when I get home from work today but I do recall seeing a folder where a GPS log folder is present and I did check if it works and indeed it showed my route. Is that weird or that's normal? I am not just sure if the coordinates are embedded on the video.

Is that weird or that's normal? I am not just sure if the coordinates are embedded on the video.
Perfectly normal, and the coordinates will be embedded in the video files.

In fact, not only does it power the GPS, but it also powers the USB port on the base so that you can connect another camera daisy chained together from just one power supply.

Perfectly normal, and the coordinates will be embedded in the video files.

In fact, not only does it power the GPS, but it also powers the USB port on the base so that you can connect another camera daisy chained together from just one power supply.

Whoa! That's good to know! Thanks! :D

Back