How many different versions of the G1W (firmware) is there?

Wise87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-C, Mobius C
As a new owner of a G1W and a G1W-C, I found this site very helpful. The only difficult part are the different firmware, mounts and menu options that are out there. When I decided to buy my dash cams I watched all the reviews on YouTube, looked at photos online and verified chipsets. I wanted to make sure I got genuine article. From what I have seen, there are many variants which makes it difficult for a new buyer.

I received my G1W-C first and it came in an orange box, green slash screen. But from earlier reviews I have a car plate option which wasn't in the reviewers video.

Yesterday I received my G1W Blueskysea on Amazon. It came in a blue box, newer mount and has a blue splash screen. I also notice the information on the LCD display is slightly different. I did take it out and the video was nice. I found the default contrast slightly brighter than the G1W-C. This one has a sun and a anti-shack icon on the display. I haven't seen any others with those symbols.

Attachments

• IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 49
each mainboard version has it's own firmware version, there are 6 distinctly different mainboard versions that I know of (possibly more) for this model

Back