Different firmware options for G1W-CB?

NewDashCamUser

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered a G1W-CB from Black Box on Amazon. It's the real deal but unfortunately they sent me a G1W-C (it has the silver lens) even though the box said G1W-CB.

So at the recommendation of a lot of guides out there I ordered Spy Tec's version of the G1W-CB.

The cameras look identical (other than the lens color) but I immediately noticed that the setup interfaces and options were different. The main thing I noticed was the lowest screen time out option for Spy Tec was 3 minutes and for Black Box it was 30 seconds. 3 minutes is too long for me as I find the screen incredibly distracting and want it to turn off almost immediately after starting my car.

These cameras I thought or assume have the same guts, so is it just that Spy Tec has developed a different firmware/interface with different options?

Would it be possible to flash the firmware from my Black Box version on to my Spy Tec version?

I would just buy another Blackbox version of the G1W-CB but it's been removed from the Amazon listings in the last week, strangely enough.

Back