How reliable is the VHT 3m tape mount included in the kit?

kevinthien

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey guys, i've tried using the search function in this section and the DIY section, i can't find any clear direct answer..

I just received my panorama ii s and find that the original mount will not stay on the black dimple part of my windshield.

I am thinking about using the 3m VHT tape that comes included in the kit for this area (so i could mount it as high as possible)

I want to know if anyone had problems with the tape coming off. what about has it came off due to excessive heat? I live in georgia, it gets pretty hot on the sunny days.

i need answers!!
thank you!

The tape won't come off, make sure the area is clean, stick the mount on and hold pressure on it for about two minutes, don't attach the camera for another twenty minutes, the VHB tape takes twenty minutes to reach fifty percent bond, seventy two hours for a one hundred percent bond, not having any weight hanging off it for the first twenty minutes is the key

Good luck when you need to get it back off

Thank you for your deep thorough response :) I think I recall reading that the tape should be applied on colder temperatures first?

Do you have any recommendations or suggestions on whee it should be mounted? (Does it have to be dead on in the middle of the windshield or it makes little difference if I mounted the camera alittle more towards the left corner of the windshield rear view mirror

Thanks again :)

I like to have them in the middle if possible, up to you though

Just make sure there isn't any extreme difference in temps when you install it, this time of year that shouldn't be an issue in most locations

Back