How to delay power off after turning off the car?

creedcooking said:
Are you sure flashing that file is safe for my camera?

No i'm not,
it is always risk you take, or not take.

But you are right, it is worrying that firmware starts with different number.
There is only one answer, if you want to be 100% safe, do not do it.

Yeah, I noticed that putting the camera into USB Boot mode by holding the reset and photo buttons doesn't work for mine. All mine needs me to do is hold the photo button while I plug in the cable. Pressing the reset button as well messes up the process.

Sabe said:
creedcooking said:
Are you sure flashing that file is safe for my camera?

No i'm not,
it is always risk you take, or not take.

But you are right, it is worrying that firmware starts with different number.
There is only one answer, if you want to be 100% safe, do not do it.
Have there been previous success with people flashing a New Orange Menu version on an Old Orange menu version camera?

You will brick your camera if you try to update an old orange camera with a new orange firmware and vice versa. They have different hardware.

Ok, I won't try the 4.35+ versions then.

I tried the SMH3.34.240412A and SMH3.33.120312B versions linked on the info page and they updated fine. No feature changes noticed though. Are those Texet, iconBIT, Gmini, Samoon, and Neoline named versions also compatible? Are there any v3.3 firmwares known to have the feature I'm looking for?

BTW, my camera updates on filename "firmware.bin" instead of "vfirmware.bin".

creedcooking said:
BTW, my camera updates on filename "firmware.bin" instead of "vfirmware.bin".

I believe that is a hint itself for not to try that firmware.

But still it's strange if earlier versions don't have that option you looking for.

I probably should have asked this at the beginning but for the GS1000's with the feature I'm looking for, if power is restored before the timeout do they stay on as if nothing happened?

The real reason I want the feature is because when I have the car key turned so there is power (but engine isn't running) and then start the engine there is a moment with no/low power and the camera turns off. This is the same problem Mantom mentioned having here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7&p=1212&hilit=power#p1201
The capacitor solution sounds too bothersome to me and adds junk inside the car. I would rather get the F500LHD if I can't get my GS1000 to do what I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
creedcooking said:
I probably should have asked this at the beginning but for the GS1000's with the feature I'm looking for, if power is restored before the timeout do they stay on as if nothing happened?

I can't speak for all but ours certainly work like this, I would think others would too

jokiin said:
creedcooking said:

I can't speak for all but ours certainly work like this, I would think others would too
Can you list out the top level menu items for your camera (e.g. mine starts with RESOLUTION, RECORD OVERWRITE, MOTION DETECTION, etc...)? Just curious, thanks!

creedcooking said:
jokiin said:
creedcooking said:

Can you list out the top level menu items for your camera (e.g. mine starts with RESOLUTION, RECORD OVERWRITE, MOTION DETECTION, etc...)? Just curious, thanks!

mine would be a lot different to what you have as we do our own firmware

creedcooking said:
This is my menu, that 4.3.......
Image1.jpg

Thank you Sabe for the pictures! Looks like yours has all the same options (in a slightly different order) except yours has POWER OFF DELAY. Interesting.

So I tried the Texet DVR-1GP TXH3.34.100512.bin firmware and success! It has POWER OFF DELAY with a maximum choice of 30 seconds and appears to be working. :) Although during my testing (unplug and replug multiple times) I found a bug in their timeout counter. The 30 second counter doesn't get reset once power is restored so even though it got unplugged 3 times, it only stayed on for 30 seconds total; the last unplug only continued recording for 12 seconds. Shouldn't be a problem but still a bug.

The firmware has additional menu items and I've recorded all of it below for anyone to reference.

Code:
RESOLUTION
 - 848X480/30F
 - 848X480/60F
 - 1280X720/30F
 - 1440X1080/30F
 - 1920X1080/30F
VIDEO QUALITY
 - L
 - M
 - H
RECORD OVERWRITE
 - NO
 - 1 MIN
 - 2 MIN
 - 5 MIN
 - 10 MIN
 - 15 MIN
 - 30 MIN
 - 45 MIN
MOTION DETECTION
 - NO
 - 1 MIN
 - 3 MIN
 - 5 MIN
POWER ON RECORD
 - ON
 - OFF
POWER OFF DELAY
 - OFF
 - 10 SEC
 - 20 SEC
 - 30 SEC
POWER ON DELAY
 - OFF
 - 10 SEC
 - 20 SEC
 - 30 SEC
MIC
 - ON
 - OFF
LANGUAGE
 - ENGLISH
(others look to be: )
 - Chinese (simplified)
 - Chinese (traditional)
 - Russian
 - Korean
 - Japanese
TV TYPE
 - NTSC
 - PAL
AUTO POWER OFF
 - OFF
 - 1 MIN
 - 3 MIN
 - 5 MIN
FORMAT
 - NO
 - YES
AUTO LCD OFF
 - OFF
 - 30 SEC
 - 60 SEC
DEFAULT SETTING
 - NO
 - YES
TIME SETUP
 - YYYY.MM.DD HH:MM
DATE TIME STAMP
 - DATE TIME STAMP
   - ON
   - OFF
 - LOGO STAMP
   - ON
   - OFF
 - SPEED STAMP
   - ON
   - OFF
FLICKER
 - 50HZ
 - 60HZ
NIGHT MODE
 - OFF
 - AUTO NIGHT MODE
 - AUTO ANTI GLARE
NIGHT MODE TIME SETUP
WHITE BALANCE
 - AUTO
 - SUNNY
 - CLOUDY
 - FLUORESCENT
 - INCANDESCENT
EV SETTING
G SENSOR SET
 - OFF
GMT SETUP
 - UTC: +/-HH
GPS AUTO UPDATE TIME
 - ON
 - OFF
FIRMWARE VERSION
 - TXH3.34.100512

GPS AUTO UPDATE TIME sounds neat, I'll try making the time wrong and see if it works.

But yeah, I got the feature I wanted, thanks for your help guys!

EDIT:
The VIDEO QUALITY bitrates for 1080p are:
L: 5 Mbit/s
M: 6 Mbit/s
H: 7 Mbit/s
Audio remains constant at 128 Kbit/s AAC stereo.

Congrats on getting the feature you are looking for! Glad it worked out.

Back