how to identify a fake Mini 0801

Samoon use the iTracker mark on their car camera, but I confirmed with Samoon twice, they confirmed they never produced similar 0801 camera? Maybe they don't tell me the truth?

more likely a customer that has just decided to use their brand name

Samoon use the iTracker mark on their car camera, but I confirmed with Samoon twice, they confirmed they never produced similar 0801 camera? Maybe they don't tell me the truth?
Probably I can tell you something about it:
At first they sold the fake version (according to the first post of this thread) which guys discovered here and in a german dashcam board. The german vendor tried to defend his product but the camera got a bad reputation after that (not on Amazon but in that forum). After that the vendor decided to remove it from Amazon - it wasn't listed there for a few weeks. Then he announced to sell the original camera. He also sent me a translated (to German) firmware of the camera and it works fine with my original. (So it could be an original?) According to the Amazon product images it still look a bit different - but I'm not sure if he updated them already.

They haven't lie, iTracker was not assembled in Samoon. Sorry I can't show you the dealer's name.

if the firmware runs on yours then it would be an original version

absolutely correct. the hardwres are same but only boot logo difference.
I believe Tobi@s are ready for a "Tobi@s" brand? ;)

some iTracker products are ODM made in Samoon, but not all of them.

absolutely correct. the hardwres are same but only boot logo difference.
I believe Tobi@s are ready for a "Tobi@s" brand? ;)

Hehe :D
mini08011koppsl2j1eaw4.jpg

I'm a little late, but just noticed, and would not mind if they did a Comic Book, Manga, or included a comic strip in some gum with something like this that was a little more thought out.

2r219oz.jpg

:EDIT: I also could not find the video the cartoon mentions i'd give a DashCam Cartoon short a watch.

Well I'm glad I bought a genuine one then! I bought mine from ePrance on Amazon and it's the real deal.

I'm a little late, but just noticed, and would not mind if they did a Comic Book, Manga, or included a comic strip in some gum with something like this that was a little more thought out.

2r219oz.jpg

:EDIT: I also could not find the video the cartoon mentions i'd give a DashCam Cartoon short a watch.

Go to the company's website and you will see the cartoon. http://www.ojocam.com/

If you want to make sure you purchase a real Mini 0801, we have it available. All prices are in Canadian dollars, so it might be worth it to purchase from us, depending on the exchange rate, even if you are in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fake OR NOT buying a Mini)0801 will end up with the purchaser disappointed in the money they have wasted.

Thanks for all the info, guys. Great thread! I'm about to buy a 0801, but afraid of getting a fake one. I've found this one - it's cheap and has 8 gb internal memory. It looks legit, but could it be fake? LINK (eBay)

I just bought it - let's find out :-D

Back