How to identify image sensor model?

Rocko Pet

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm get what is suppose to be a Mini 0805 on eBay which is claiming to have a Ambarella A7LA50 processor and claims to have a 5MP image sensor.

When I receive it I will to crack it open and take a look inside. I have seen instructions how to open the camera and pics of what the processors look like, but haven't come across any posting on what identifying marks are on the image sensor if any to assist in identifying which image sensor you have.

Are there any markings on the image sensor it self that one could see? Or do you have to use the camera screen menu to identify it by what resolutions it is capable of?

Thank you,
D

Last edited:
Here is the title of the posting om eBay:
Mini 0805 Ambarella A7LA50 1296P Car Dash Camera DVR with GPS logger 1920*1080P
Seller: car_innovation

Under the specs:
Image Sensor 5.0 MP CMOS
Compression Format H.264
Photo Resolution 2560 x 1920
Video Resolution 848 x 480, 1440 x 1080, 1920 x 1080, HD1280 x 720
Wide Angle 140 Degree

If it has the Ambarella A7LA50 processor and 5.0 MP CMOS image sensor, shouldn't it have higher video resolutions then they list?

Can one look at the CMOS for identifying marks to diastinuish which brand and model it is? Or only by what resolutions the software shows in has on the setup screens?

It should arrive shortly so I'll find out either way.

Thank you,
D

None of these use a 5mp sensor, don't put too much faith in the accuracy of eBay listings, better to wait until you have it and see what you get

Back