How to install the hard wire kit?

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
For the hard wire kit installation:

Step 1: Open the fuse box (different location of fuse box with different car), test the continuous power, which means there will still be electricity even if the vehicle starts off.
Step 2: The red wire with the correct fuse adapter connect the positive electrode of continuous.
Step 3: The black wire connect the metal (negative electrode).
Dingtalk_20221104121533.jpg

Reactions: gse
If you use a car charger and turn on parking mode, will it switch to parking mode when the car is off?

So if the car's cigarette lighter port is always charged, then it is possible to switch to parking mode.
But generally the car is out of power after the ignition is turned off, so please check whether the car cigarette lighter is powered after the ignition is off.
If your car cigarette lighter is normally charged, using the parking mode may drain the car battery, it is recommended to use the hard wire kit.

Reactions: gse
So for the Vantrue Element 1 dashboard equipped with a shock-detection sensor, the G-sensor, which enables Parking Mode to automatically turn on and record.
After the parking mode is turned on, there are two ways to record:
1. You can wait for 5 minutes to start automatically;
2. long press the Down Key Button to begin manually.

I tested this hardwire kit with my power supply, and it does properly cut off around 11.4-11.6 V. That eased my worries.

The provided fuses covered my car (required a low-profile fuse). It was SUPER easy to install. The instructions are easy to follow.

My one tip would be, if installing inside the vehicle trim: use zip ties to make sure the cable doesn't get tangled up in front of the airbag or other SRS.

Installation took about 10 minutes. Make sure to use a fuse that's not critical. No break fuse. No windshield wiper fuse. Just a low-priority fuse like a seat adjustment or AUX power socket port. In the unlikely event that a fuse is blown, this will prevent it from being something that's important to driving.

So far, it's been working fantastically and there is nothing noticeable negative in terms of car battery performance.
1667550328989.png1667550461249.png

I tapped the Spare (12v ACC) and the power seat (12v Constant)
Took longer to route the wire under the trim than the rest of the installation.Works perfectly

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P E1 1
Back