Vantrue E1 Hardwire kit constant power

pablo.gyds03

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,
First post here, I installed the Vantrue Hardwire kit in my Prius, I have the yellow going to a switched accessory and the Red going to a constant power fuse, I tested the constant power with a test light to confirm that it does have power when the vehicle is off. I plugged in the fuse tap to the constant power and tested both fuses with a test light by probing the top of the fuse at both contacts and verified I have power.
The problem is, I have no power to the dascham (Vantrue E1) when the vehicle is off. I plugged in the USB C cable from the hardwire kit to my phone and no power.
Accessory is working and the camera turns on with ignition.
Do I have a bad hardwire kit?
is this a common problem?
When I get time this weekend I will back probe the bullet connector to see if I have power there. I didn't think of it until now.

First post here, I installed the Vantrue Hardwire kit in my Prius, I have the yellow going to a switched accessory and the Red going to a constant power fuse, I tested the constant power with a test light to confirm that it does have power when the vehicle is off. I plugged in the fuse tap to the constant power and tested both fuses with a test light by probing the top of the fuse at both contacts and verified I have power.
The problem is, I have no power to the dascham (Vantrue E1) when the vehicle is off. I plugged in the USB C cable from the hardwire kit to my phone and no power.
Accessory is working and the camera turns on with ignition.
Do I have a bad hardwire kit?
is this a common problem?
When I get time this weekend I will back probe the bullet connector to see if I have power there. I didn't think of it until now.
1. Try checking the power again. The red wire should have +12V constantly. +12V should appear on the yellow wire after the ignition is turned on.
2. Check the voltage on the red wire with a voltmeter. If you set the cutoff to 12.0V, and there is 11.5V on the red wire, then E1 will not work when the ignition is turned off.
3. If you forgot to turn on the parking mode in the menu, then E1 will not work when the ignition is turned off, but will simply turn off when the ignition is turned off.

It is incorrect to check the voltage supply to E1 by connecting the wire from the Hardwire Kit to the phone.

Back