how to keep BlackVue DR590 Dashcam on in parking mode as long as possible?

malone927

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So I am in Australia and I have a Honda accord 2008, recently my car has been hit/scratched in the parking lot (car park) a few times. I don't drive my car often, maybe just 3 times a week and 40 mins each time.

Therefore, I bought a BlackVue DR590 and the power magic (Battery Discharge Prevention) that goes with it, hoping it will record whoever hit my car. However, then I realize the car battery can have a deep cycle issue (it is not supposed to be routinely deep cycled which will reduce the life of the battery). So, I did some rough calculations: if I set battery voltage cut-off at 80% for discharge prevention purposes, the dashcam won't last too long in parking mode after I turn off my car, maybe 4 to 5 hours? (correct me if I am wrong).

Then I saw those dedicated Dashcam Batteries like Blackvue B-124 or even crazier options like Jackery 240 that can keep the dashcam on for days when not driving often, but I found these are not available in Australia.

So, basically what I need is a Battery Pack/Power Solution that can be charged when driving and then keep the dashcam on in parking mode for a decent amount of time like 24hrs to 48hrs when not driving. It is also very hot these days (summer time) and I know the battery will drain out fast when charging because of the high temperature.

Thanks in advance!

Back