How to take apart Mini 3?

Wr1Camman

Reaction score
Country
United States
The capacitor in my mini-3 died and I want to replace it since Ddpai won't repair it. Anyone now how to get the camera apart?

Looking at these might give you some idea where to start. It seems like you need to pop off the two ends of the cylinder first, and then an inner chassis slides out.

Looking at these might give you some idea where to start. It seems like you need to pop off the two ends of the cylinder first, and then an inner chassis slides out.

Thank you for this information. Sorry for the delay in replying. After a couple days I didn't think there would be any replies so didn't check back.

I checked out the pictures. Can't see a way to get at the tabs to release the end. Tried plugging putting a screwdriver on the plastic right before the USB connector and rotating but it didn't work. Maybe they glue it. Also the case is a solid piece and not two halves like the pictures but that could have been an early production model

Can't see a way to get at the tabs to release the end. Tried plugging putting a screwdriver on the plastic right before the USB connector and rotating but it didn't work.
Mini3 has the same mechanical design as miniONE: the big round plastic cap is glued above the loudspeaker. If you will gently pick and remove it with the screwdriver or a knife
you will see 2 screws. After removing them the 2 PCB-combo+sensor can be pulled out of the cylindric housing.
BTW, Mini5 follows exactly the same design pattern.

Last edited:
Mini5 looks completely different. More of a conventional clamshell plus camera surround.

So did the OP manage to fix his mini3??? Looks simple once the case is cracked. Cutting gluelines is no fun.

My mini3 is different from the FCC sample.

Last edited:
Back