How to uninstall Viewer?

rogerbid

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi folks,

Having used my 7900 Ace for a few months I plan to update the firmware to AC31. I note there are many reports here of people running into problems and want to be sure I follow instructions as accurately as possible.

On the website I note this instruction:
※ Completely remove existing Lukas viewer from your PC and install new Lukas viewer linked below to enable the new functions after the firmware updates.

Is it enough to use the Uninstall command in the program (I am using Windows 7) or is it necessary to trawl through the Registry and remove things? Reading posts here I have not seen references to uninstalling the old Viewer so is this really necessary?

Anyone like to comment - I plan to do the upgrade tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Roger

@ rogerbid if your viewer is version 1.8.4.0 it's the latest version and there be no need to delete it. If it's an earlier version go to your downloads and remove it from there and any other place you have saved it. They advise removing the old firmware first as well. Extract all of the new firmware before you transfer it onto the SD card Ipol

If it is an older version, a simple uninstall from the 'Programs and Features' control panel is all you need to do.

If it is an older version, a simple uninstall from the 'Programs and Features' control panel is all you need to do.
Yes, that's what I did when I upgraded (using Windows 7 Pro) and it worked just fine. I now get my accumulated trip mileage displayed in miles instead of kilometers.

Last edited:
Are you saying that the current speed is displayed in in Km/h but accumulated distance in Mph? That seems very weird.

I thought you could change the current km/h to mph in the viewer.

A little piece of information.....as you may have read in previous posts I have had to postpone purchasing the lk9700 duo for at least a month I needed new brake pads and discs all round for the car. 463 USD or there about ......In anticipation of the new dashcam I installed the lk9700 duo viewer 1.1.9.0 and firmware. Low and behold the videos recorded with the ac31 firmware and lk7900 ace with 1.8.4.0 viewer play perfectly on the lk9700 duo viewer apart from not activating the google maps information.....The video playback though is good and steady using the duo version viewer and there was virtually no gap between files......Incidentally I still have the lk7900 ace viewer and ac31 firmware installed .....Ipol

Back