I am requesting assistance with my first dash cam purchase.

cernunnos

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been searching your website for the past few days but have not been able to find one that meets my needs.

I am looking for a dash cam that is small.

It needs to be mobile as I will be using it in cars.

Finally, about 50% of the time, I will not be able to plug the dash cam into a power outlet so it needs its own power supply. The power supply should be able to last at least 90 minutes before having to be charged.

I do not need GPS but if the dash cam has that feature that is okay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

mobius. i don't know any dash cams that can operate that long outside the car.

some other action cameras have dashcam functionality and that sort of battery life, GitUp Git1, SJ4000 maybe, batteries in dashcams typically only have a few minutes runtime

Agreed, Mobius is probably the only small, discreet cam that can run on its own battery for two hours at a time. One option might be to use an external power bank if a cigarette lighter plug type power supply cannot be used. With an external battery bank any 5V dash cam may be considered and assuming a suitable sized power bank in the 20,000 mAh range is used it could run all day.

What is your budget ?
If you dont need GPS, then Mobius otherwise check out Joovuu X, plus you need an external portable battery pack.

I am looking for a dash cam that is small ... It needs to be mobile as I will be using it in cars ... about 50% of the time, I will not be able to plug the dash cam into a power outlet so it needs its own power supply. The power supply should be able to last at least 90 minutes before having to be charged.
Welcome to DCT. You may intend to use a suction cup to affix it to the windscreen. Also consider a sunvisor mount, which is what I use in rental cars ...

image.jpeg

That's a Mobius in the photo above, but the mount will work with other cameras that use a standard tripod thread.

Thanks for the reminder; I keep forgetting about those sun visor mounts, Russ. I should just go and buy one already and add it to my collection as it is something I could use now and again. I could have used one just recently for short term testing of a Mobius when it was too cold out to mount a suction cup.

Thanks folks. Made the purchase this morning. Also bought the visor mount.

external portable battery pack.
Those are dirt cheap these days, so any cam will do.
Otherwise you could go for the DOD 470W, that claims to have 2 hours of batterylife.

Back