I cannot turn on my GS1000,Pls help.

Koko

Reaction score
:cry: :cry: :cry: is there anyone can help me for this problem?I bougt two GS1000 from Aliexpress,its called original GS1000 with Ambarella CPU,i just got it days ago,one is woking pretty well,but the other one is not working with gps ,the fireware version is 20120929.i tried all ways even to the top of the roof,it just cannot catch the signal ,no gps ,the indicator is always red .

i found this site last night ,maybe its the sofeware s problem ,then I tried to the micro memory card to flash the dvr ,did as the forum said ,copy the firmare into the memory card and ,insert the the card ,turn it on.but nothing happened,it created two files ,one is DCIM,another is GPS ,trun on the dvr again ,it still the same firmware ,nothing changed .I had tried many different memory cards ,format it ,insert it ,all the same.
Unfortunelly ,i tried the DirectUSB method,it can be connected to the sofeware ,device can be found ,I donot know what firmware program to choose ,and I just chose the firmware :v2.0.3SG1KB ,Erase Flash ,its working ,but when turn to around 25 seconds ,it shut off ,black screen ,in the software ,device not found.and i cannot turn it on,no matter how to press it ,how long i charge.I wish someone can help me ,i will really thankful.

Koko

It looks like you flashed wrong firmware.
You camera is new blue menu, and if i understand situation correctly you used old blue menu firmware.
If you can use this instead "firmware-JN01.bin"
http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#New_Blue_Menu_version
Or extract firmware from your other camera, i don't know is that possible, new blue menu is difficult to work with.

I had the same with flashing vvia USB. Try to re-install Ambarella Direct USB. And if your computer does not see the camera try to connect the USB cable several times (pressing the photo capture button). I did so with my camera and it started to work after several attempts. It was something like starting car engine in winter at -20C :D

And try the method of unbricking the camera describer in another thread in this forum -first you flash the camera by USB, and then you turn it on with frimware saved on the memory card. This method made my bricked camera alive :D

Sabe said:
It looks like you flashed wrong firmware.
You camera is new blue menu, and if i understand situation correctly you used old blue menu firmware.
If you can use this instead "firmware-JN01.bin"
http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#New_Blue_Menu_version
Or extract firmware from your other camera, i don't know is that possible, new blue menu is difficult to work with.

Hi, uh ,its not blue menu,its a orange menu with firmware 20120929,i tried to connect to the directUSB software ,when i pressed the OK BUTTON,THEN USB CABLE ,THEN POWER BUTTON ,so i thought its the same with the blue menu,now i have no any ways to turn it on.its a dead dvr now. i did not backup the firmware before in the dvr.just erase the firmware with a new blue firmware.i dont know if someone can give the answer how to make it alive.

Hello. Have you performed the procedure I described you? :D

Mantom said:
Hello. Have you performed the procedure I described you? :D

Hello ,friend ,how to turn it on?i can not turn it on.and i tried all method,it just not working ,and plug it into the computer ,but it cannot read,and nothing change.

Hello! I think that I have the same problem.
Did you find a working firmware?
One thing: When you say that you push "OK BUTTON,THEN USB CABLE ,THEN POWER BUTTON" you should push first of all the reset button for 5 seconds, and it works all the times.

Do you have a backup of the old firmware 20120929 ?? Because I think that it is the only way to make it work again. I tried lots of firmwares with no result, but I did not save my old 20120929. Do you have a bakcup of it?

I found on ebay other camera with this firmware 20120929. Is called GS1000VSA. You can see here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200659034214
If someone buy one, Can you backup the firmware and post here? Thank you !!

Last edited by a moderator:
nachoo said:
I found on ebay other camera with this firmware 20120929. Is called GS1000VSA. You can see here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200659034214

is the button layout on this one the same as yours?

jokiin said:
nachoo said:

is the button layout on this one the same as yours?
Yes, exactly the same layout, but a little different shape, as shown in the pictures:
The GS1000VSA is like this:
dashcamtalk.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_07_GS1000.jpg

And mine one is like this:
www.pandawill.com_media_banner_2012_11_30_15_44_19sku20675_20_6_.JPG

But I think that it is just the same

a lot of the 1000, 2000 and 5000 models are the same product internally, I only asked about button layout as if the button assignment was different it's more likely to be different hardware, the button assignment being the same doesn't assure you that everything is ok but there's more chance at least that it's similar hardware

Ok. And all the menus, colors, options, main screen, etc etc is EXACTLY the same.

nachoo said:
Ok. And all the menus, colors, options, main screen, etc etc is EXACTLY the same.

although that's easy to copy a lot of them don't bother so a better chance that it's suitable, assuming the pictures are correct for current stock of course

Finally I found a solution, and everything works. You can see it HERE

Back