I did something?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S
I put my card in today, formatted it, and somewhere while going thru the menu must've done something. The camera doesn't come on by itself. And after I manually turn it on, or cuts off after about 30 seconds.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

When I took the card out, it comes on when I start the car and stays on, fine.

Let me ask this..When I format the card, it says something like Please Wait, for about 1 second, I'm used to seeing like a bar that progresses as the formatting goes along. Maybe this is different and only takes a second. I was wondering if I had actually gone thru a real format session?

Formatting is quick, that's expected, if it starts up fine with no card though there's a good chance it's just a memory card issue

Have you tested the card for errors at all? Try checking it with h2testw and see what results you get

I don't really know how to test it. I can return it to Amazon with no problems, though.

Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x 128GB UHS-I Card w/SD Adapter -

Test it using h2testw as jokiin says. At 128GB it will take an hour or more so do it before you go out to lunch or something.

Lexar is very quick at sending out replacements should there be an issue. I have five of that exact card and had to replace one :)

Yeah thru amazon ( not sold by or fulfilled by ) i had to RMA a lexar card, got a new in the mail ASAP and strait from the EU office instead of the amazon seller.

Sold by and fulfilled by amazon might be a little faster, but in my lexar case it must be marginal.

The lexar card should work fine in most other cameras and so on, i am contemplating getting one for my new phone.

Got a new Transcend 64 gb card, formatted and same problem.

Unit is hardwired in. Tried a Lexar 128gb card and two Transcend 64gb cards. With no card inserted, unit powers up with key on and stays on, just beeps cause no card is in.

With card formatted the unit won't automatically power up. Manually power up only stays on about 20 seconds.

Something about the card is is causing a malfunction.

Got a new Transcend 64 gb card, formatted and same problem.

Unit is hardwired in. Tried a Lexar 128gb card and two Transcend 64gb cards. With no card inserted, unit powers up with key on and stays on, just beeps cause no card is in.

With card formatted the unit won't automatically power up. Manually power up only stays on about 20 seconds.

Something about the card is is causing a malfunction.

Have you tried powering the camera via a USB charger (phone charger)? Don't use your computer USB ports.

I haven't as I don't have a 1 amp charger. I have one ordered, but not in my possession, yet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Limeybastard A119S 43
Back