I got my CR500HD tonight

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like to post some pictures that I have taken of the device and a still picture I have taken with the actual camera. I have it installed in my car and it just works. Yes, the manual is in English and the settings software is in English. I am working on a test drive that I took tonight and will post on You Tube as soon as I can.

Attachments

• FineVu1.JPG
    FineVu1.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 469
  • FineVu2.JPG
    FineVu2.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 468
Here are some pictures of the software.

Attachments

• FineVu3.JPG
    FineVu3.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 466
  • FineVu4.JPG
    FineVu4.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 466
Hi AmericanDriver,

Congrats. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Congrats on the new camera I am planning on ordering one next week, is there any gaps in the video between files
My current camera has a 8 second gap between segments

No gaps and no heat issues. The camera is cool to the touch. The American version that is selling on Amazon has the black face with the English software. I would suggest buying a nice fast micro SDHC memory card because the memory that comes with the camera is not so good. The card claims to be class 10, but i have read that those memory cards are slower than class 10 speeds. I purchased a Sandisk ultra 16 gig class 10 that has a transfer rate of 96MB per second. I have read that this card gets on average real time speeds around 80MB read and 60MB write. I read the 32 gig ultra from Sandisk is actually really slow. I have read reports of the 32 gig version getting 10MB read and 9MB write. It appears the smallerm16 gig card is waaaaay fast and will actually allow the FineVu to produce a better video because of the speed at which the reads and writes.

Now that I have owned this camera for almost a week, I have to say that I like it. I installed the camera on my window and have not touched it very much. Other than me posting a few videos on YouTube, it just sits in my car. The camera is such low maintenance that, I don't even know it is there. It just sits there, recoding my daily life, and does not ask for anything. I like how the camera talks and lets me know with a verbal command that it is staring to record. I like how I have total control of the cam by using the buttons on the back. I can take a still picture, record an emergency event, and mute the microphone all with a push of a button. This is a really nice feature to have when I am behind the wheel. Really! The only negative thing I can say about this camera is, it does not have WIFI and IOS app option. This is more of a feature request, but it would be really nice to have my iPhone control the camera along with the buttons on the back. I purchased a second camera for my minivan from Amazon. After my van gets out of the body shop, I will install this second camera on the window. The wife mainly drives the van, so this camera will work good. She is a non-technology person who likes to keep life simple. So, this little camera will fit that category.

How do u check the camera angle? Do u have a android?

U mentioned no iOS support.

I missed out on the amazon seller 10 sold in 4-5 days!!!

I am glad I purchased two of these cameras when I did. I think I purchased the last camera from Amazon. LoL! When I purchased my second Finevu, Amazon said one left.

lkwan78 said:
How do u check the camera angle? Do u have a android?

U mentioned no iOS support.

I missed out on the amazon seller 10 sold in 4-5 days!!!

I just aim the camera towards the center of my hood and take a still picture. I then hook the camera up to my computer and view the picture. I then make adjustments as needed. I know it is a pain, but it works.

Please look at this picture (its from an Android setting application) and tell me if the CR500HD have some automatic night mode.
For me that option is very smart and I was searching for a camera with such smart option, but I don't know if it really works in the way I expect:
automatic night mode must to increase the brightness when low light. If there is no sensor to measure the low light, the increasing of the brightness must be made based on real time hours. But here is also another problem which can be solved by some code inside firmware: for example in NY, in January at 7 PM is night, but in July at 7PM is day.
Can you tell me how is working this mode?

AmericanDriver said:
The camera is such low maintenance that, I don't even know it is there. It just sits there, recording my daily life, and does not ask for anything.
This the way we need a dashcam. We must remember it only if some event occurs or we really want some video from our trip. The camera must be there and intelligent record.

record an emergency event
or save the actual recorded video to not be deleted by the loop mode feature? I expect this feature from a camera because I can save some event I want. These types of saved events can be deleted only using some PC and all user saved files cannot exceed in size for example 15% of camera storage size.
For example if a camera is recording in 1 minutes video clips, when pressing the "save actual recording" button it must to save about 3 minutes: one early, the actual and the future minute. User can't keep the button pressed more than 1-2 seconds so the saved video must to have some usable length

enjoy
Mtz

Back