I just got my Xiaomi Yi and I'm new here

Batto271

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I just found this wonderful community and I'm really new to everything related with the Xiaomi Yi.
Found this place because I was looking for some features that were not "basics" and need them for my project.

I need to make a Timelapse for few months. It's a construction timelapse.
I was thinking in using a Xiaomi Yi, due to the size of the camera and weight. The camera will be in a street lamp so can't be too big or too heavy.
I will be connecting the camera to an external battery (14AH) and will be connected during the day to a direct line to recharge the battery.

Basically, I need the camera to take pictures for a timelapse during day and night. Mostly during day. So here's my problem.

Is there any way to make a script to take pictures with one setting during day and a different setting during night? Like ISO, Aperture, Shutterspeed. I couldn't find an automatic settings during timelapse, that means that if I start a timelapse during a day, same settings will apply at nihgt and will make pictures really dark. Or if I start pictures at night, daily pictures will be blank.

Also I don't need night time picture that much, for example, 1 every 10 minutes or 30 minutes.
Altough I need more frequent pictures of the working hours.

Same boat here. Bumping for some friendly noob advice!

Back