I like the new look

zapta

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the new look of the forums. It is simple, intuitive, aesthetic and easy to use. Used it the first time to do a search and to post a question and it worked like charm. Good job!

a big change from what we had but I have to say the experience (once it was all migrated and I'd found my way around) has been very positive, had never heard of this forum software before but it's quite a nice solution

once it was all migrated and I'd found my way around
I don't like it. It's like in a store, especially in a big one, where you used to the items being stored in a certain place. And then someone has an idea how to refresh the store and they completelly re-arrange everything and then you waste a lot of time looking for items all arround the store, because they're not at the position you used to find them.
But I understand, that this complete site, dashcamtalk.com and forum, is maintained by one person as a hobby, so thank you for that.

I don't like it. It's like in a store, especially in a big one, where you used to the items being stored in a certain place. And then someone has an idea how to refresh the store and they completelly re-arrange everything and then you waste a lot of time looking for items all arround the store, because they're not at the position you used to find them.

I started to use this site only a few weeks ago so I am less invested in the old arrangement. This may explain the difference in opinions. As a new comer, the new design makes it easier for me to explore different portions of the site. Everything is just more visible and clearer. This is subjective of course.

Edit: one thing I would change is increasing the font size of quoted messages to the standard message font size. It will make them more readable.

Last edited:
I like the new look of the forums. It is simple, intuitive, aesthetic and easy to use. Used it the first time to do a search and to post a question and it worked like charm. Good job!

I don't like it at all. Huge fonts blue theme... terrible. Old one was mush better.

I am fairly new to the site but I think the transition was pretty much seamless and user friendly.
Options such as embedding video is very easy to do.

Seems like the color scheme may not be the most popular. I will eventually get around to making it less blue. In the mean time, I have added 5 new styles. Just click your user name in the top right corner, then preferences. You can see if a different style is preferable.

I like the mixpod style colours but the view is better in the default, will stick with it, personally I don't care too much, I come here for the content not the appearance

I agree the Default view is best as well. I just made a "grayish" version of the default template and called it DashCamTalk. This is closer to the old forum colours.

Back