I need instructions on how to set up my LK 7900 Ace, Please!

rogerbid

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone, and Happy New Year to you all.

Not only am I a new member here, I am new to dash cams and have absolutely no idea how to install my new LK 7900 Ace. I am frightened of stuffing up this new cam and wonder if anyone can give me a link to an online help file to lead me through the first steps.

I have installed the software on my Windows PC and have read through the on screen options without changing anything. I am mainly concerned with the tab at the bottom of the Viewer screen labelled 'Initialise'. I can see no reference to this and do not know what it does. Should I click it and see or will I do untold damage! Also a pop up box tells me I have to Format my card - do I need to do this even if no settings have been changed?

I have bought a 32Gb card to use instead of the 8Gb card shipped with the camera but in the first instance I plan to install the camera with the 8Gb card using the default settings and see what happens. However I simply do not know where to start.

Can someone help, please!!! Thanks very much for any help you can give me,

Roger

First off you need to select your card in the pc software viewer.
Plug card into card reader on pc
go to folder button on top left corner of viewer and select/open the card/folder

Then when you save your settings they will be on the card and the camera will read them when you put the card in the camera. Otherwise I think the viewer software just saves the settings to the default Lukas folder on your disk.
Use the button at the bottom of the viewer and format the card.
I've never used initialize so I don't know what it does. Probably something like create the folders on the card or set the settings to default... can't hurt.
Just format the card using the viewer, maybe save the settings and then put the card in the camera and see.
Make sure the camera is off when inserting the card. And make sure the card is in the camera when you turn it on. Outside of that I don't think there is anything you can do to cause damage. You may have to adjust settings to get it to work well/better but you're not going to hurt anything.

To me the initialize button just seem to reset to a default setting, i have never used it but just had to see what happned right now.
On the top of my head this is the settings i run with witch is not default:
video 11 Mbps
Display screen setting : speed-time-date
video out PAL as i live in a PAL region
I have the securety LED disabled for stealth reasons, no need to advertise camera is recording.
Had to tweak G sensor settings manuall,even in insensetive my driving trigger event recording. ( you can see in the player witch axis get triggered and ajust values manual so it wont happen all the time, it take a Little tweaking but i am sure the Bangladesh roads will demand you do the same ) my cam allways record so i am not too nervous if a value is set too high to trigger automated recording while driving.
In parking mode my G-sensor is sensetive so it will record if some one as mutch as breathe near my car while it is parked
Time zone : +1 as i am in Denmark
I have disabled motion detector, as most of the year dew and rain and frost / snow will block the windscreen
AC power frequnecies is set to 50 as that is the Hz we have in our sockets here in Denmark
I have microfone disabled exept for enable voice guidanse witch is the welcome and goodbye messages

Congrats with your new Lukas, hope you will be as happy with it as i am with mine.

You just have to save your settings to the Sd Card once, when it is there it will remain there untill you make new settings and save them, i dont see a reason to save a copy of the settings on your computer too as the file is allways on the Card and get loaded when camera start in your car or you start up the Lukas player to view videos or change settings.

Last edited:
Thanks for the 2 replies, I am most grateful.

I plan to follow your instructions and format the card and then connect the camera in the vehicle and see how it performs with the default settings before I make any changes, even to the Time Zone (GMT+10 here plus daylight saving)

However, before I do so, can you, kamkar1, explain any more about the AC power frequencies? I was puzzled by this and wonder if it refers to the power supplied to the camera from the vehicle cigarette lighter socket. You mention it relates to the power sockets in Denmark but why is this, as surely the device is never connected to the domestic power supply? (I have noticed that the default setting of 60Hz has the video setting 30fps alongside and if I change the video setting to 24fps and go to the power settings screen, there is no longer an option to change the AC Power Frequency Settings) Presumably it is safe to leave the default settings as they are? I am going to try to upload a jpg file showing these settings! (Edit: Mmm!! Seems it did not work, sorry)

If anyone can add further comments I shall again be very grateful, thanks to everyone for reading this thread,

best wishes,

Roger

yes the AC power frequencies is there to eleminate flikering road signs and so on in the recordings, you maybe have seen video on Tv or your own video recordings where the Picture on a screen seen in the footage seem to flicker, this is due to a diffrence between the frames per second the screen have and the frames per second the recording is made with.
Still i some times see signs along the raod witch seem to flicker a Little on my recordings, it might becuz of the refresh rate of the LED`s on the sigh or fluresent neon tubes.
Anyway it dont bother me mutch as it is not what i am filming.
you will be safe to go with whatever settings your camera have.

And you are most welcome to contact me with whatever questions you might have.

Thank you again, for your kind assistance.

I will format the card and try the camera using just the default settings and see how I get on. I will reply with news of my progress when I have something to report!

Best wishes,

Roger

Hi, It's me again.

Thank you Quick and kamkar1 - with your assistance I have plugged the camera in to the car power socket and recorded my first video with surprisingly acceptable results :)

Now I will mount the bracket on the windscreen, remove the protective film from the lens and set about seeing what all the various settings do. There is clearly a lot to learn but at least I have made the important first step, with no thanks to the Lukas User Manual or their tech support!

Thanks again for helping this novice to get started, your time and trouble is very much appreciated

Roger

No worries :D

Back