I STILL CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO BUY..

BMW440I

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I've been researching and spending at least 20 hours on dash cams..
I don't really care about the video quality and audio quality as long as they are FHD quality and
focused on two factors below. (PRICE DON'T MATTER)

1. NIGHTTIME PARKING MODE (BUFFERED PARKING MODE).
If someone damages my car, it records at least 15 seconds from the time of incidence so i can find out who did damange to my car. Most of cheap dash cams offers G-sensor but it only starts recording after the time of incidence so it will be hard to find out the person unless it keeps running overnight)

2. BEST NIGHTTIME RECORDING QUALITY .
I have used about $100 dash cam before but the G-sensor does not trigger when its dark.. I'm looking for a good G-Sensor with super night vision cam that can have a sensitive motion sensor with its good night vision.

I feel like the THINKWARE F770 is the best in the market but recently found out that F800 new model will be released in July (So far, no updates).

I need some advise and recommendation on this.

I think for your needs the F770 is the best bet, that's why I bought one, but the night time performance under low light conditions is better on the F800 from speaking to maddog1974, but it's also excellent imo on the F770

Is there any other dash cams offers pre-buffered parking mode function? I do have a huge capacity external battery pack (26000mah) so i don't actually need to hard wire it.
As long as the dash cam has a good night vision and buffered parking mode, i will be satisfied with my purchase.
Thank you!

I'd be thinking of the Viofo A119s or Viofo G1W-S, they have great quality night time footage, and the Power bank is a great way to give it "full time" parking mode, meaning motion detection or g-sensor isn't needed but obviously it takes up more memory space

a while back, I'd unplug my dashcam when parked at work (was using permanent live cig lighter at the time) and leave the cam running from a powerbank, i'd get a few hours off it and its only a mobile phone back-up, 2500mah I think

I never actually used motion sensor or g sensor parking modes on any of my cams so I genuinely don't know how well they work, sorry

The G1W-S has great low-light vid quality but you'd need to record continuously as I suspect it's motion detect/g-sensor are as cheesy as any other budget-priced cam :rolleyes:
With a 64GB card that's over 8 hours recording time. A member here has been successful running this cam 24/7 without issues. In normal service mine have been utterly reliable. This cam is a great value for low-light and modestly priced. Just bought my second one as I like it that much :D

I haven't checked it (will do in a few days) but I set my first G1W-S up as a security cam at my sister's house a few weeks ago so I should have my own report on using it 24/7
soon ;) I've got to get her set up with something else so I can get that cam back in my van where it belongs :whistle:

The main downside to this full-time recording method is that you'll have to discover any damage yourself, then go through the recordings till you find the clip showing it happening. Given that such events are uncommon I don't see that as a huge problem though YMMV. It will also likely void your warranty to use any dash or action cam like this.

Phil

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. What do you guys recommend for 2CH dash cam then?

Back