I thought I knew - now I'm muddled?

Dumber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Still to decide
Hi All, just joined after trying to do some research.
I was originally looking to buy the mini 0801 after reading on techmoan. Then read on here that there are some fakes about and being told they over heat? What I liked about this was that it looked discreet and I didn’t have to constantly remove from the car.
Then I was recommended the HD Roadhawk by a friend, yet again like that it was discreet but is out of my price range.
Another friend said he was looking into buying the transcend drive pro, but this looks a little bulky to me but good that you can view it on a phone app.
Then reading on here you mention the Panorama II / Panorama S. So my head is now completely muddled?
I need/want the dash cam as I have recently been in two motorway crashes and I just want protection for me, especially after the last one where the prat at the back is clearly lying. Won’t help me now but will in the future.
I have a few amazon vouchers so would really like to buy from there, but I do not see the Panorama II / Panorama S on their site.
I suppose I just want someone to say – here this is the best buy at a reasonable price, but I know we all differ, think I have looked a little too much now or maybe not as much as I should have?

It sounds like you're in the UK mate? If so the Panorama isn't on Amazon UK - I went for the GT680W with GPS as fulfilled by Amazon to take advantage of their after sales!

If the Panorama was there I'd have had one by now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but we have an agreement with the manufacture to sell the Panorama S in North America only unfortunately.
:( AAwww shame, thought I had found the one I wanted then, was going to see how I could do it?

Reverend - I'll have a look at the GT680W with GPS, thank you.

Can anyone recommend any more? TIA

It sounds like you're in the UK mate? If so the Panorama isn't on Amazon UK - I went for the GT680W with GPS as fulfilled by Amazon to take advantage of their after sales!

If the Panorama was there I'd have had one by now :)

Is this easy to remove from the car? Ideally I want one I can leave and forget? But k now in the current climate this isnt always the best.

Just to confuse matters the A118 is getting really good feedback here and it's really cheap from FoxOffer:

A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

The GT680W comes with a suction pad and a sticky pad mount so you can use either. I've just swapped over to the sticky pad mounts up front and back as they give you more adjustability over the suction pad one. It's not a massive difference tbh but I have a very long sloping windscreen. The Panorama is the same in terms of mounts.

That A118 isn't on Amazon just yet but I don't expect it to be long before someone like EPrance gets on the bandwagon.

I do leave the cameras just sat in my car but I do have factory tint in the rear so you wouldn't really know it's there - up front is another matter though and this is one area where the A118 has a massive advantage in terms of the form factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else with any further advice - Thanking you all :):D

Back