I wanna SHERP ATV!

I could use that for winter driving. When there's heavy snow, it takes road department 3 or 4 days to reach my road since it's rather rural farm. My regular car would get stuck if there's more than 6 inches (about 15cm) and my other vehicle is an old tractor (1940-something Case) that doesn't have heating system or cabin so driving that in winter gets cold.

I could use that for winter driving. When there's heavy snow, it takes road department 3 or 4 days to reach my road since it's rather rural farm. My regular car would get stuck if there's more than 6 inches (about 15cm) and my other vehicle is an old tractor (1940-something Case) that doesn't have heating system or cabin so driving that in winter gets cold.

I live in a rural area too. A vehicle like that would be pretty handy around here along with being sh*tloads of fun!

Where I live nearly everyone has a 4x4 of some kind. It's more or less a requirement if you live in northern New England. Considering where you live I'm surprised to hear that you don't have a big 4x4 truck or something similar.

Last edited:
it do look like its more than able to do the in 1 spot ATV spin on ice, but i think this too like a ATV is in danger of flipping over sooner or later doing that.

Anyway i am sure you can jack it up with a highlift to a level where it flip back on its wheels.

I'd definitely trust the stability of the SHERP ATV over that little thing. Not only does the SHERP have a lower center of gravity, close observation of the video seems to reveal that its differential(s) allow for individual traction control over each wheel independently.

I believe SHERP is the only one true commercial production ATV ( ALL-terrain vehicle, water-land-see ) in the world within quite affordable 50K $ budget. I have subscribed to developer YT channel for many years and followed his baby development. Big respect to him !

I believe SHERP is the only one true commercial production ATV ( ALL-terrain vehicle, water-land-see ) in the world within quite affordable 50K $ budget. I have subscribed to developer YT channel for many years and followed his baby development. Big respect to him !

It is obvious that a tremendous amount of time and effort went into the conception, design and engineering of this machine.

Notice there's no winch on either of the sherps...

Looks like they've provided a good place to put one. The machine is described as "vastly customizable."
sherp.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, the SHERP weighs 2,866-lb. and has a 1.5-liter Kubota inline-4 turbodiesel engine center mounted under the floor which provides 44 hp. Apparently, the fancy gearing makes pretty effective use of the seemingly modest horsepower.

Last edited:
I would take one too for a fjew reasons.

1. in too old for those ATVs
2. i like to be different

BTW, the SHERP weighs 2,866-lb. and has a 1.5-liter Kubota inline-4 turbodiesel engine center mounted under the floor which provides 44 hp. Apparently, the fancy gearing makes pretty effective use of the seemingly modest horsepower.
Sure it only makes 44hp but how much torque? With a turbo diesel, I'd be surprised if it's less than 150ft-lbs

Sure it only makes 44hp but how much torque? With a turbo diesel, I'd be surprised if it's less than 150ft-lbs

Yeah, from the looks of the video the SHERP seems to comport itself pretty well. Watching this machine power through or over some of the obstacles in this newer video is pretty amazing. It performs more like an amphibious tank than an ATV.

http://www.sherp.ru/ru/

http://www.sherp.ru/en/

Last edited:
$50K for ATV, $20K for replacement tires :)

Aint that what postman pat drive ?

Back