Identify a Genuine or fake memory card?

Newbee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After reading a lot of forums I understand that pro endurance cards are the best way forward but at the same time there are many fake memory cards that look genuine.

So my question is how can someone know if a memory card is fake?

I am not sure if I should buy from Amazon either for the same reason.

Given you're in the UK I would recommend Scan.

Also, Mr Memory are highly regarded.

Yes.
While the memory card ( no matter what brand / model ) are often the weakest like in a system, you risk increasing that if you focus too hard on price.
In today's world i would go for a endurance card that have warranty if used in a dashcam ( many regular memory cards do not have warranty for this kind of use )
And i would get it local or in EU as i as a Dane will benefit from EU rules on warranty.

Thank you all. I bought the Samsung pro endurance card 128 GB from "BT shop".

Next I need to format the card but thinking what allocation size I should select for optimal performance.

To choose the right allocation size unit, I would like to know what would be the average file size of a file normally on a dashcam.

I understand that each settings will change the end result file size but from your experience, what would be the average file size of a file.

I will format the card in the dashcam then. It will make life simple without much complex choices.

Back