Identify power cable

tfjackson2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone happen to know which dash cam this power cable belongs to? It was already hard wired into a car I recently bought. I presumed it was a mini USB, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_204825.jpg
    IMG_20210827_204825.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to DCT @tfjackson2000 :)

That looks like a "Micro Mini USB" to me; a good number of cams use that instead of Micro USB.

Phil

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone happen to know which dash cam this power cable belongs to? It was already hard wired into a car I recently bought. I presumed it was a mini USB, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks for any help.

That's actually called a Mini-B USB plug. Most dash cams use them, although that is slowly changing.

You'll usually see Micro or Micro - B on cell phone chargers, and various other devices.

A Micro USB looks like this:

microUSB.jpeg

Micro - B:
MicroB_USB_Plug.jpg

Mini- B:

mini Ba.jpg

Last edited:
Well darn me- I got it backwards :rolleyes: Will go do some editing :whistle:

Phil

Mini B is pretty robust, Micro B is very fragile. I have broken several micro B connectors, never a mini-B. I had one micro B on a dash cam get broken by washing the inside of the windshield in the short time between when I first installed the camera and when the wire got stuffed into the head liner.

Back