Identify rear cameras.

nrvous1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone help me identify which rear camera is for the a129? I am looking at setting up my own 4-channel kit in my car and I have an sg9663-dc as well as the viofo a-129 duo. I cannot tell which rear camera belongs to which main dash cam.

Attachments

• DA9A1505-3656-4422-A28A-23157ADD05E4.jpeg
    DA9A1505-3656-4422-A28A-23157ADD05E4.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 24
Bottom one with 4 vents on each side and different lens is a StreetGuardian

EDIT: Additional comment with photos added below.

Last edited:
I guess the top one could be either a IMX 323 or IMX 291 ?
Something also worth taking into account if i am right.

wrong way around, top one is from the SG9663DC, the bottom one is A129, it won't damage anything if you plugged the wrong one in, it just wouldn't work
Bottom one with 4 vents on each side and different lens is a StreetGuardian

Just to clarify the confusion:
There are two shapes of the Street Guardian rear cameras. With 4 and with 6 vents.

1) with 6 vents on each side of the lens come with Sony IMX323 CMOS sensor.
This is supplied with SG9663DC and can be also purchased separately for SGGCX2Pro. Product code: SGR323CAM

SG Rear Camera DC X2 Pro 323.jpg

2) with 4 vents on each side of the lens comes with Sony IMX291 CMOS sensor.
This is used on SG9663DCPro and as an accessory for SGGCX2Pro+ (plus). Product code SGR291CAM

SGR291CAM (1).jpg

In this instance (replying to OP questions) @jokiin is correct, top one is from the SG9663DC, the bottom one is A129,

Last edited:
that's a better photo for comparison, you can see the 291 version has a different lens to the original photo above which shows the Viofo camera

Thank you for the replies.

Now off topic; I’m just trying to figure out how to mount the main head unit to the fabric interior lining of my small suv. 3M double sided tape isn’t holding the main unit up. Maybe Velcro will work.

not sure of any adhesive that will work reliably on the headliner, I think people that have mounted to the headliner previously have used a magnet and something under the headliner for it to stick to, material thickness may be a factor in whether that will work for your vehicle or not

Back